Position: IT Support Officer
Reporting to; M and E
Responsible for the maintenance of the server and providing technical support to STOP Malaria staff.
Specific roles and responsibilities
• Manage the server hardware and operating system;
• Monitor and optimize the performance of the server;
• Monitor and resolve performance issues with regards to email and internet systems;
• Perform data back up and disaster recovery procedures;
• Provide technical support to Staff;
• Install and perform1 repairs to hardware and other office equipment;
• Antivirus installation and updates;
• Developing initiatives to enhance the performance of the server;
• Ensure that the system is running efficiently by
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor
A bachelors degree in Computer Science or social related bachelor's Degree with a post graduate Diploma in Computer science. Professional Certification in appropriate application is desirable. Minimum of 3 years working with computer applications. Additional skills; Good interpersonal ; and communication (Oral and written) skills; Good analytical skills; creativity and problem solving skills; Good organization, negotiating and scheduling skills.
Apply for this job
How to Apply:
Send your CV with a cover letter, and copies of certificates to the Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health Center for Communication Programmes, Plot 15 Binayomba Avenue, (opposite Royal Suites and Ambrossoli School) Bugolobi, Kampala. On the envelope please indicate what position you are applying for.
Deadline for applications is Monday, July 26th 2010.