Job Title: METERING SERVICES MANAGER.
Reports to: Metering Development Manager
Responsible for: Meter Reading and Bill Delivery Coordinator, Metering Data Mining Analyst and Meter Control Coordinator
Department: Metering Development and Management.
To ensure that regions promptly read the meter, evaluate the data effectively, deliver the bills in the stipulated time and enforce defined service standards, policies and procedures in the regions.
• Plan, budget and avail logistical resources required by regions in the due process of meter reading and bill delivery.
• Provide expertise intermediation to regions to ensure that adequate facilitation and administrative support is provided.
• Monitor and oversee the performance of the regions in terms of all field meter related activities and bill delivery.
• Lead meter reading, bill delivery and related field metering processes in the implementation of new system technologies.
• Provide cross dynamic complaint resolution platform resulting from meter reading and related metering field activities by recommending appropriate course of action from time to time.
• Ensure that all collected field data is promptly updated in the system, anomalies clearly identified and acted upon by the districts.
• Develop and define terms of reference on behalf of the regions for contractors and monitor product service delivery uniformly as per the agreed specifications.
• Perform other duties as assigned from time to time for the company.
• Degree in Electrical Engineering or any business related field.
• At least three (3) years experience in leadership or and in conducting operational activities at a management/ supervisory level
• Commercial and technical utilities business knowledge
• Planning and budgetary skills.
• Knowledge of the power grid network.
• Proper use of office software tools for analysis, control and reporting.
• Team work and strategic business understanding.
• Communication abilities for presenting results, plans and
• Excellent organization skills and project tracking abilities.
• Customer focused and oriented.
• Self starter and oriented
• Results oriented and enthusiastic
• Team player and reliable
• Thorough and pays attention to details
• Good judgment skills
• Assertive and adapts to changing demands.
Apply for this job
Applications should be sent through to:
Head of Human Resources
P. O. BOX 23841, Kampala
Not later than 16th August 2010. AS A MUST ALL ACADEMIC COPIES SHOULD BE CERTIFIED BY THE RELEVANT AUTHORITIES