POST : TOWN CLERK (MUNICIPALITIES]
REF : HRM 77/184/03)
SALARY SCALE:UGANDA GOVERNMENT UISE
AGE: 35 YEARS AND ABOVE
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND WORKING EXPERIENCE:
Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelor's Degree in either Arts or Social Sciences or Development Studies or Human Resource Management or Management or Law or Commerce (Management Option) or Business Administration (Management Option) plus a Certificate in Administrative Law and a minimum of a Post Graduate Diploma in either Urban Management or Public Administration or Human Resource Management or Management or Development Studies from a recognized University/Institution.
Possession of a Master's Degree in Public Administration and Management or Urban Management /Development obtained from a recognized University/Institution shall be an added advantage.
Applicants should have a minimum of ten (10) years relevant working experience in Government or similar/related experience from a reputable organization, three (3) of which should have been gained at the level of Deputy Town Clerk (Municipality) in Government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.
Applicants should be of high moral character and proven integrity, self motivated and- strategic thinker. He/she should have interpersonal, negotiation, management, team building, conflict management, policy development, change management, report writing, computer and projects management skills.
Applicants should also be knowledgeable about Government policies and procedures especially in the Local Governments.
The incumbent will be- responsible to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Local Governments for performing the following duties:-
• Chief Executive and Accounting Officer and Head of Administration of the Municipal Council.
• Ensuring proper management of Public funds, resources and assets in the Municipal Council.
• Managing and coordinating the implementation of Government (national and local) policies, programmes, regulations, laws, by-laws, arid projects in the Municipal Authority.
• Be responsible for the implementing lawful decisions taken by the Council.
• Supervising and coordinating the activities of all officers seconded to the Council.
• Conducting Public relations function for the Council.
• Taking custody of all documents and records of the council.
• Advising Municipal Council on technical, administrative and legal matters pertaining to the management of the Municipal Council.
• Coordinating, planning and budgeting for Council activities.
• Mobilizing the Urban Community and disadvantaged people for development. • Ensuring proper physical planning for the Urban Community and approval of structural plans. •Developing and maintaining infrastructure in the Municipal Council. • Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Apply for this job
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the following vacant posts. Applications should be submitted in triplicate on Public Service Form No. 3 (2008) to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, P.O. Box 7080, Kampala to be received not later than 19th August 2010.
The application forms are obtainable from the Public Service Commission Office, 2nd Floor, Farmers, House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala, Ministry/Department Headquarters and District Service Commission Offices. Hand written applications are also acceptable. The advertisement can also be accessed from the Public Service Commission Website on www.psc.go.ug.
Applications should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the vacancy. Serving Officers will not be considered for Entry Level Posts in Scale U4, where applicable.
Applicants are free to apply for a maximum of two posts
Applicants should attach three sets of certified photocopies of their certificates and testimonials, plus three recent certified passport size photographs.
Those already in Government Service should route their applications through their Heads of Department who should be informed of the closing date to avoid delay. Serving officers may submit an advance a copy of the application directly to the Public Service Commission to enable the Commission to carry out preliminary work on the applications. Applicants who shall not hear from the Public Service Commission on completion of the selection exercise should consider themselves unsuccessful.