Job Title: Head Business Development Services
Dama Consultants Limited
We are retained by the Uganda National Chamber of Commerce and Industry, UNCCI to identify a competent Ugandan to fill the post of Head Business Development Services, BDS at its Secretariat in Kampala. UNCCI is the oldest and largest nation-wide umbrella organization of the private sector in Uganda. It was established in 1933; but incorporated in 1978 under the Companies Act, Cap 110 as a company limited by guarantee. Its mission is to provide services and advocate for creation of a conducive and sustainable business environment in Uganda. In implementing its programs, the Chamber collaborates and networks with various local, regional and international partners and affiliates.
Our Client is looking for a highly motivated, creative and competent person for this post. He/she must be able to innovate to make UNCCI vibrant and productive as an organization. The post is tenable for an initial period of three (3) years, and carries competitive benefits.
Reporting to the Secretary General, the Head, BDS will be responsible for generating income for the Chamber by: identifying business opportunities; creating new services and projects; attracting new partners; conducting collaborative research; and the development of agreements and joint ventures for the benefit of the members. Specifically the main duties and responsibilities will be to:
• Provide business advisory services
• Organize and facilitate training/capacity building programs
• Coordinate membership drive and maintain BDS databases
• Support marketing activities, including Trade Fairs, Scientific Shows
• Design programs for business matching for partners nationally, regionally and internationally
• Coordinate consultancy services to generate revenue for the Chamber
• Generate and develop inbound and outbound new business opportunities for members
• Conduct and coordinate inward and outward business delegations
• Develop programs for building and reinforcement of business relationships between buyer and seller companies.
• Design programs to promote collaboration among suppliers of material and services and commercial networks
• Attend to and promote members programs on behalf of the Chamber
• Conduct research to identify opportunities for trade & investment for members
• Postgraduate degree or qualification in business, economics or related fields
• A minimum of 5 years working experience in the private sector
• Experience in business planning and development
• Strong negotiating & communications skills
• Excellent organizational management skills
• Ability to articulate business strategy for practical approach for successful business outcomes
• Excellent computer skills especially spreadsheet and databases.
How to Apply:
Applications indicating details of current salary & benefits, curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, transcripts, names of three referees and the applicant’s daytime telephone contact should be sent to:
Dama Consultants Limited
10th Floor Uganda House
P.O. Box 3967 Kampala Uganda
Tel: +256-414-235 944
The closing date is Monday 3, September 2012.
Dama Consultants Limited accepts no liability for incomplete submission, late and/or misdirected transmission of applications.
• Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews
• Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Deadline: 3rd Sept 2012