Job Title: Driver/ Logistics Assistant
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to preventing pediatric HIV infection and eliminating pediatric AIDS through
research, advocacy, and prevention, care, and treatment programs
JOB TITLE: Driver/Logistics Assistant
The Driver/Logistics Assistant will report to the Senior Office Administrator
To provide reliable and courteous transportation service to EGPAF staff and visitors, ensuring safety of the Foundation staff, property and vehicles; and to operate
and maintain assigned vehicle(s); and vehicle records.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
1 Driver/Logistics Assistant (2 positions to be filled)
• Operates and maintains transportation vehicles with a focus on safety and courtesy.
• Performs daily vehicle inspections and fill out daily inspection forms.
• Performs minor maintenance tasks on the vehicles when necessary.
• Manages the logging, fueling and computation of monthly vehicle fuel consumption.
• Ensures that periodic scheduled vehicle maintenance is completed and reported.
• Ensures that vehicles are clean.
• Documents staff usage of vehicles.
• Prepares trip reports.
• Prepares accident and incident reports as necessary.
• Provides safety briefing to passengers.
1.2 Logistic Assistant
• Provides other services as requested by management. Such services may include but not limited to:
• procurement of office consumables
• Taking charge of the office generator (fueling and service)
• Checking functionality/expiry of firefighting equipment
• Payment of office utility bills.
• Posting and collecting mails from the Post Office
• Delivering office supplies to district health Office and health facilities. Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities Required.
o Ability to drive a multi-passenger vehicle safely and appropriately, including ability to read and interpret road signs in English
o Ability to read, understand, and adhere to the rules and regulations of the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation and the Government of Uganda
o Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; ability to establish good working relationships with, co-workers, and upper level staff;
o Ability to prepare concise and accurate records and reports; extensive knowledge of the operations and features of assigned vehicle(s);
o Ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs; ability to perform minor vehicle repairs; ability to read and to interpret policies and procedures, and route directions; and
o Ability to administer First Aid.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
Completion of O’level and possession of a valid Ugandan drivers’ license - Classes: B, DL, DM.
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are welcome to apply. Please send cover letter and CV to:
The Country Director/COP
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Plot 18A Kyadondo Road, Nakasero
P.O. Box 21127,Kampala, Uganda
EGPAF will only contact short-listed applicants.
Deadline for submission is 24th August 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 24th Aug 2012