Job Title: Head of Finance (One position)
Reporting to the Executive Director, the The Head
of finance will be responsible for leading ASARECA’s financialmanagement procedures in line with the ASARECA strategic plan and Operational Plan. This involves collaboration with the various management offices in ASARECA, developing and monitoring
budgets, keeping accurate financial records and ensuring accountabilities at all levels, creating efficient financial service delivery, controlling expenditure and revenue, and periodic financial reporting.
• Manage the budget preparation process in collaboration with the variousmanagement offices in ASARECA;
• Prepare secretariat operational budgets and present these to the Executive Director for review, monitor and review budgets and advise management as appropriate;
• Assist in collaboration with the various management offices in ASARECA in the development of the financial strategic plan;
• Maintain proper books of accounts to record expenditure, revenue, assets and liabilities in line with the ASARECA accounting Policies, and manage the smooth running of the accounting system;
• Receive and acknowledge funds and create an accounting system for tracking donor funds and their applications (uses);
• Prepare and submit donor financial accountability reports;
• Guide and prepare periodic financial reports that show an accurate financial position and performance of ASARECA;
• Lead and manage the financemanagement unit for effective and efficient financial service delivery;
• Manage the verification and record keeping of all
ASARECA fixed assets;
• Facilitate external audit reviews;
• Lead the preparation of the ASARECA annual financial report through the Executive Director to the Board
of Directors, Development Partners and General
• Provide secretarial services and ex-officio membership to the Audit and Finance Committee of the Board; and
• Provide periodic reports and serve as a linkage between the clients and ASARECA.
The successful candidate will have:
• Ademonstrable track record of financial performance for at least 10 years at seniormanagement level in a donor funded organisation;
• Excellent technical, financial and accounting knowledge;
• Experience in implementing and monitoring strong
financial control systems;
• Good people management skills;
• Ability to work in a multicultural office environment;
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced setting environment, multi-task, work under pressure, and remain sensitive to meeting deadlines;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; and
• High level of integrity and negotiation skills.
We are looking for a candidate who holds a good Masters degree in Finance/Accounting/MBA with professional qualification in ACCA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent qualification.
How to Apply:
If you believe you fit the required profile, send your applications in confidence to the address belowby close of business Friday 12 October 2012. Please Indicate the position that you are applying for and send your curriculum vitae (by post or email) containing details of your qualifications, experience, present position, current and expected remuneration as well as copies of professional/ academic certificates. Include day and evening telephone numbers, e-mail address, names and addresses of three references to:
ThePeople and Change Division PricewaterhouseCoopers Limited Communications House, 1 Colville Street P O Box 8053 Kampala, Uganda
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
© 2012 PricewaterhouseCoopers Limited. All rights reserved. In this document, “PwC” refers to PricewaterhouseCoopers Limited which is a member firm of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited, each member firm of which is a separate legal entity.
Deadline: 12th Oct 2012