Location Eastern – Bugiri
Western – Hoima
Western – Isingiro
Western – Mbarara
Sector Healthcare – Nursing
Job Type Permanent
Experience 5 to 7 Years
Educational Qualification Bachelor’s Degree-Graduate Degree (BA, BSc, BCom)
Skills Communication: Speaking effectively
Research and Planning: Identifying problems
Human Relations: Counseling
Organization, Management and Leadership: Coordinating tasks
Job Status Full Time
Role Planning and budgeting for Maternal Child Health and nursing services in the district
POST: ASSISTANT DISTRICT HEALTH OFFICER (MATERNAL CHILDHEALTH/NURSING)
SALARY: UGANDA GOVERNMENT U2
AGE: 28 (TWENTY EIGHT) YEARS AND ABOVE
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND WORKING EXPERIENCE:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or Bachelor’s of Public Health Nursing from a recognized institution
• Diploma in Health Services Management or related Management qualifications from a recognized Institution.
• Must be registered with Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council.
• Masters Degree in nursing, Public Health or Public Administration and Management is an added advantage.
• At least six (6) years working experience in Clinical Practice and Health Service Management 3 of which should have been in a management position in Government or from a reputable organization.
The incumbent will be responsible to District Health Officer for performing the following duties:
• Planning and budgeting for Maternal Child Health and nursing services in the district.
• Implementing Maternal Child Health Policy, Plans and Programs
• Coordinating the delivery of quality MCH and Nursing Services in the District.
• Coordinating operational research on MCH and nursing services in the district.
• Supervising and appraising staff under her jurisdiction.
• Monitoring and evaluating of MCH and nursing services in the district
• Advising and reporting on MCH and Nursing activities.
• Enforcing adherence to the Professional Code of Conduct and Ethics to staff under his/her jurisdiction
• Providing technical and integrated support supervision to Health Centers
Apply for this job
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the following vacant posts in the District Local Governments of Sembabule, Kiruhura, Isingiro, Mbarara, Ibanda, Hoima, Nakasongola, Bugiri and Namutumba as per the summary of vacancies indicated below:
Applications should be submitted in triplicate on Public Service Form No. 3 (Revised 2008) to the Secretary of the respective District Service Commission to be received not later than 2nd September 2010. The application forms are obtainable from the Public Service Commission Office, 2nd Floor Farmers House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala, Ministry /Department Headquarters and District Service Commission Offices. Handwritten applications are also acceptable.
Applications should bear the title of the post applied for.
Applicants are free to apply for a maximum of two posts only in one or two districts.
Applicants should attach three sets of certified photocopies of their certificates and testimonials, plus three recent certified passport size photographs to each of the three application forms or hand written application letters.
Applicants already in Government Service should route their applications through the Heads of their Departments, who should be informed of the closing date to avoid delay. Applicants who will not hear from the respective Service Commissions on completion of the selection exercise should consider themselves unsuccessful.