"Universal Access to HIV/AIDS services for persons with disabilities in Uganda 2010 -2012"
National Union of Disabled Persons of Uganda (NUDIPU) is an indigenous umbrella NGO of Disabled Peoples' Organisations in Uganda. NUDIPU with the support of the Danish partner organisation - Disabled Peoples' Organisation Denmark (DPOD) is in the process of implementing a two-year HIV & AIDS project (Phase II) targeting the districts of Jinja, Mpigi, Kasese, Gulu, Soroti & Masaka.
NUDIPU thus seek to recruit a Programme Assistant to support project activities in the district of Mpigi.
Programme Assistant (1 positions) based at district level • Mpigi
The Programme Assistant at the district level will be responsible for and entrusted with a number of activities that shall include, but not limited to:
1. Lead and manage programme activities at the district level on behalf of NUDIPU head office
2. Organise and support advocacy and capacity building trainings at the district level
3. Advocate for the inclusion and rights of PWDs in the HIV/AIDS response in other districts in the region
4. Be responsible for scheduling and organising partnership meetings at the district level
5. Responsible for project funds, in liaison with the Programme Officer - HIV & AIDS, prepare district work plans and implementation schedule of quarterly activities
6. Mobilise and support PWDs to form peerage groups
7. Mobilise and support H1V+ PWDs to form associations
8. Collect data at district level
9. Prepare reports (activity, monthly, quarterly) and submit them on time to NUDIPU
10. Any other functions as may be deemed necessary from time to time
Qualifications and Experience:
A bachelor's degree in social sciences or its equivalent in social work, or related. In addition the preferred person should have relevant work experience on HIV/AIDS and marginalized popula¬tions; experience working within an NGO environment at district level and preferably a local '- disability organization.
The ability to read and write in the local language of the district shall be an added advantage.
Contract period: The successful candidate will work on a 2 month probation period before confirmation.
Remuneration: An attractive performance related remuneration package within NUDIPU's salary ; structure will be offered.
How to apply
Interested persons who fully meet the above criteria are invited to apply. Applications with detailed CV, academic certificates and day time contacts of three referees should be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
NUDIPU, P.O. Box 8567, Kampala
Your application should reach NUDIPU Secretariat not later than Friday 27th May, 2011 at 5:00pm