Reports To: Credit Supervisor
Terms : 2 Year Contract (Renewable)
Responsible for the overall management of the branch by providing leadership to the branch staff - to sustainable provide Housing Micro-credit and other support services to the low income earners,
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES;
1. Primary areas of responsibility are program management, financial planning and monitoring, and human resource management plus rrumilm.mrn of excellent relations with the local leaders, other development organizations, and community
2. Maintain acceptable Portfolio as per business plans
3. Maintain an over all branch portfolio at risk rates in line with industry benchmarks,
4 Maintain adequate portfolio yield rates.
5. Build and maintain outstanding loan portfolio levels in as per agreed targets and providing the overall reporting for the branch.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• University degree in Microfinance, Rural Economy, Commerce, Business Administration, Agricultural Economy or related fields.
• 3 years working supervisory experience in a Microfinance setting is desirable especially in credit related activities.
• Demonstrated organizational skills, experience in personnel management, Communication and Team Building skills.
• Age Limit: between 27- 40 years.
• Must be computer literate and possessing a riding permit,
• Highly organized with the ability to work under pressure and minimal supervision with good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of Local Community development with team leadership skills as well as a high level of integrity and honesty.
• Must be result oriented with knowledge of local languages in areas served by branches desired but not preferred.
• Have a high level of Integrity and Honesty.
• Knowledge of local languages in areas served by the branch (Luganda / Runyoro) is a prerequisite for this vacancy,
• Availability to start working by/on 1st October 2010.
Apply for this job
Interested applicants should send their applications with the relevant attachments plus three competent referees to the address latest by close of business on 30th August 2010:
The National Director,
Habitat for Humanity Uganda
Plot 7206, Bukasa Close Off Muyenga Tank-hill Road
P.O Box 9873, Kampala-Uganda
Habitat for Humanity Uganda is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified Female Candidates are encouraged to apply for both positions.