Job Description and Purpose
Reports to ;General Secretary
Role; To plan ,review , coordinate and implement UNATU staffing , development , retention and benefits management in line with the HR policy and strategic objectives .
Minimum qualifications and Experience;
• Bachelor’s Degree plus a post graduate qualifications in the field of HRM, or Organizational psychology
• At least 2 years of practical and progressive experience in an HR/People development role in a busy HR department with thorough understanding of HR service delivery systems
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Ability to plan ,schedule ,organize and engage line managers on key HR priorities
Main Duties /Responsibilities;
• Attract develop and retain staff by carrying out reqcruitment activities in line with approved staff budget, ,UNATU HR policy and recruitment standards
• Develop the annual staff budget and implement the approved budget in line with HR policy and UNATU business plan .
• Implement performance management system s,training and development of staff in line with identified training needs and HR policy .
• Co-ordinate and implement the placement /development of staff in line with approved budget, business plan and HR policies and procedures
How to apply;
Uganda National Teachers’ Union (UNATU)
P. O. Box 377, Kampala
Plot No.28/30BOMBO ROAD
Deadline; 26th September 2012