Job Title: Town Clerk (small Towns)
• Managing and coordinating the implementation of national policies , regulations , programs , projects and Council decisions in the Town Council;
• Providing technical advice to Council on administrative and legal matters pertaining to the management of the Town Council;
• Developing and coordinating plans and budgets for Council actitivities ;
• An Honors Degree in Social Sciences , Development Studies , Social work and Social Administration or Law or Commerce (Management option ) or Business Studies (management option ) or Management Science or urbun planning and management from a recognized University ;
• Certificate in Administrative Law from a recognized institution .
• A Post Graduate Diploma in Public Administration and management or urbun planning and management or Development Studies or Finance and Accounting from a recognized University /Institution .
• At least six years of experience three of which should have been at the level of Senior Township Officer or Senior Assistant Town Clerk in Government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.
How to apply
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the following Vacant Posts in Manafwa District Local Governemnt , Manafwa and Lwakhakha Town Councils.
Interested persons should obtain application forms ( PSC Form 3) in triplicate from the Secretaries , District Services Commissions or Public Service Commissions or Public Services Commission . Serving Offices should route their applications through their respective Heads of Department who should be reminded of the closing date .
Only certified copies of the academic and professional qualifications ,CV, daytime telephone contacts , three passport size photographs and any other relevant documents should be attached to the application ;
Applications should be addressed to the Secretary , Manafwa District Service Commission P. O. Box 916 Mbale.
Deadline: 26th Nov 2012