TPO Uganda is part of a consortium that has been awarded a grant by USAID to implement a 5 year project that aims to improve the lives of vulnerable children and their households. The project known as SCORE will be implemented in over 30 districts and we are now looking to fill the following positions that will be available at the TPO Regional Office that will be established in Mbarara.
Job title: Programme Officer- Food Security
Reporting to; The Project Coordinator TPO Uganda
Job Summary: This is a frontline service delivery position. The position holder will work under close supervision and support from the SCORE Technical Advisor Food Security. Primary role will be to ensure that vulnerable children and their households are supported to become more food secure and that the nutritional needs of vulnerable children are met through dietary diversity and adopting hygienic and healthy practices among other interventions. The job holder will support organized groups of vulnerable households to increase their crop production, enlightening them on the need to strike a balance between nutritional and economic values of certain crops as well as enhance post harvest handling practices and optimal utilization of crop yields. You will also link these groups to existing food security related ventures supporting them to exploit other existing livelihoods improvement initiatives.
• Key Responsibilities
• Work with community groups to develop a methodology and put in place a system for monitoring food security and Livelihood situation in the emergency affected population.
• Increase awareness of target group on infant feeding prac¬tices, hygiene, balance diet and cooking demonstration
• Ensure dissemination of context specific information on food utilization and good nutrition practices as availed by the Ministry of Health and other USAID programs to VC households and all implementing partners.
• Provide support to Farmer Field Schools Facilitators on sustainable Farmer Field Schools approach, plan with communities around the production cycle of their chosen enterprise and provide training on demand in line with SCORE Framework
• Minimum qualifications and experience
• A Degree in agricultural and food/nutrition sciences, social science, economics, and development studies.
• 2-5 years demonstrable experience in working in food/nutrition security programs.
• Experience with USAID funded food security programs will be of advantage.
• Knowledge of the Farmer field schools approach is a requirement
• Experience in project planning, proposal development, monitoring and Evaluation, training with excellent analyti¬cal skills.
• Ability to provide technical support to community group in improved agricultural practices and carrying out needs as-sessment processes with participatory approach.
• Knowledge of the national food and nutrition security strategy as well as have had exposure to agriculture development programmes such as NAADS.
How to apply
Interested persons with the above requirements should submit their CVs and Application Letter including 3 referees and a table with salary history from your 3 most recent employers, address¬ing it to the Country Director TPO Uganda and send it by email to both the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org and info@ tpoug.org.
The deadline for receiving applications is Friday 13th May Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted and any form of lobbing shall lead to automatic disqualification
TPO UGANDA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER AND FEMALES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.