Organisation: Living Goods
Living Goods believes the poor deserve better healthcare, a better deal, and a chance at a better life. We operate networks of franchised Health Entrepreneurs in sub Saharan Africa.
LG combines best practices from the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health to create afully sustainable system for defeating diseases of poverty. Future expansion includes extending the brand across Africa and Asia, and into micro franchise businesses in energy, water, and agriculture.
LG seeks an energetic resourceful Sales Managerto help navigate the organizations’ rapid growth in Uganda.
managing a large franchised sales force, overseeing regional warehouse and distribution, and developing sales, promotion and marketing plans. The right candidate will be happy in a dynamic start up environment.
Reports to the Vice President.
Qualifications: Min of 2 years success in sales and sales force management pr. The position is full time and is based in Uganda. Submit a resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com
• Through Living Goods (LGs) branch office, direct and coordinate LG sales and marketing activities to maximize sales and gross profit
• Recruiting, hiring and training force of sales agents developing the most well trained, professional sales force possible.
• Plan, organize, and direct sales agents to ensure sales objectives are met.
• Offer sales agents coaching, counseling, advice, support, motivation and information they need in order to help them meet their sales objectives.
• Create and implement incentives and motivational schemes to maximize the potential of the sales force.
• Play a role identifying the optimal location for setting up branch office.
• Work with sales agents and LG staff to identify market needs and provide information to the US and Uganda HQ teams for new product development.
• Identify and disseminate new products that increase sales and margin; New products should be tested vigorously and on a regular basis.
• Keep up to date on market trends and new products.
• Understand sales objectives for all agents/territories and have a thorough understanding of local markets where sales opportunities exist (i.e. demographics, education trends, financing capacity, other key external influences).
• Oversee and implement any changes to LG business training to prepare agents for starting and managing a business.
• Responsible for monthly reporting on sales, inventory and financial statements (P&L).
• Creation and execution of marketing plans to increase revenues; this will leverage LG’s existing marketing plans and will include the design of marketing materials, development and testing of promotions, creation of communication plans, development of marketing partnerships.
• Other projects as assigned.
• Minimum 7 years sales management role with proven success record.
• Motivated and self-directed sales professional who can internalize LG’s overall mission
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including presentation, negotiation and management skills.
• Enthusiastic can-do attitude, highly self-motivated, result oriented, detail oriented and a well-developed sense of drive.
• Strong work ethic with a positive attitude and professional demeanor.
• Demonstrated ability to work within deadlines in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
Key Performance Metrics
• Achieve profitability at branch level
• Regularly meets performance targets for sales/profitability
• On time performance, work ethic and quality of Direct Team
• Provides accurate forecasts, updates and requested reports to VP Ops
• Ability to lead by example and manage/mentor sales agents and peers
• Management Objectives may be assigned to further measure and reward top performance
How to Apply
Submit a resume, cover letter, and sales history to firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com
Living Goods Uganda
Plot 434, Balintuma Road,
Namirembe, Kampala, Uganda
Tel / Fax: 041 4 271 700