Reference HRM 72/173/03/NM
Salary Scale: U3
Reports to: Deputy Executive Director
Qualifications: • Must have a Diploma in Occupational Therapy from a recognized Institution
• Must have a Diploma in Health Services Management or any other Diploma in a Management related field.
Experience: Must have served for at least six (6) years as a Health Worker three (3) of which must be at Senior Occupational Therapist level.
Other Requirements: • Good communication, counseling interpersonal and team building skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plans, budgets, monitors and evaluates occupational therapy activities
• Manages and accounts for allocated resources
• Counsels persons with disability
• Ensures persons with disability are facilitated with special activities for appropriate occupations
• Ensures quality occupational therapy services
• Organizes and conducts outreach services
• Requisitions for equipment and other supplies
• Ensures that equipment are secure, functional and well maintained
• Imparts knowledge and skills to health students and staff
• Ensures that staff under his/her control adhere to the Professional Code of
Conduct and Ethics
• Carries out Human Resource Management activities such as identifying manpower and training needs.
• Compiles and submits periodic reports
• Initiates and participates in research activities
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
How to Apply:
THE REPUBLIC OF UGANDA
HEALTH SERVICE COMMISSION
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Candidates to fill the vacant
posts as specified hereunder. The job descriptions, where not indicated, or
any other details, can be obtained from the Health Service Commission
offices located at Workers House, 3rd Floor (Northern Wing), Plot No. 1,
Pilkington Road. Applications should be filled in triplicate on PSC Form 3
(Revised 2008) and submitted to the Secretary, Health Service Commission
P.O. Box 7452, Kampala, to be received not later than April 17th, 2012. Only
shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Forms can be obtained from the Health Service Commission Offices,
Ministry of Health Headquarters, Mulago and Butabika National Referral
Hospitals, Regional Referral Hospitals and offices of Chief Administrative
Officers. The form and advert can also be down loaded from the Commission
website; www.hsc.go.ug. Hand written applications are also acceptable.
In regard to choices, an applicant may apply for a maximum of two (2)
relevant posts which must be filled in two separate sets of application forms
and by labeling the 1st choice as No.1 and the 2nd choice as No. 2.
All applications should bear the title of the post as well as its reference
number and the name of the Institution where it is tenable.
Candidates have been given a choice to directly apply for posts tenable at
Mubende, Kabale and Moroto Regional Referral Hospitals. Candidates so
applying will be specifically shortlisted, interviewed and selected for those
posts. Details of the posts are provided in the relevant table.
For the rest of the Regional Referral Hospitals, an applicant should clearly
indicate two names of preferred Hospitals by stating the 1st choice as No. 1
and the 2nd choice as No.2. These Hospitals are; Arua, Gulu, Lira, Soroti,
Hoima, Fort Portal, Mbarara, Masaka, Jinja and Mbale,
Applicants who are Serving Officers must route their applications through
their Heads of Department, who should be informed of the closing date to
avoid delay. Head of Department refers to the Head of the respective
Institution of the Applicant. Applications found to be in contravention of this
requirement will not be accepted.
Note that short listed candidates will be required to bring their original
certificates unlaminated. Candidates who will present forged certificates
shall be handed to the Police for appropriate action. Applicants must also
fulfill the following conditions:
i Attach three (3) of their recent passport-size photographs and
copies of their academic and professional certificates and
ii Attach copies of the letter(s) of appointment, confirmation and
promotion in case of serving officers. This includes applicants from
non Public Health Service.
iii In case of Health Workers who are required by law to register with
the relevant Councils, such applicants must be so registered; and
therefore have to attach copies of certificates of registration.
Similarly, all candidates who are required by law to possess
practicing license must attach copies of valid practicing licenses.
iv State clearly their contact physical addresses and telephone
number (s) or the nearest contactable person on the application
Deadline: 17th April 2012