Lake Basin Tours and Travel company is a privately owned business that was incorporated IN 2002. LBTT provides a domestic and International Tour travel, car hire and Safari packages anywhere around the globe. LBTT also provides ticketing services for any destination being accredited by IATA.
LBTT is also licensed under the Agent’s Licensed Act of 1968, the Uganda Association of Tour Operators and the Uganda Association of Travel Agents (TUGATA).
The Company is seeking to hire a Travel Consultant that fit the following description
1. Assist clients in finding travel package deals for their needs.
2. Aid clients with reservations, transfers, changes, and cancellations.
3. Book domestic and international reservations for air travel, hotel and car rentals.
4. Secure new client sales and retention through customer service provided.
5. Monitor and sort global distribution system (GDS) queues (or similar program) to maintain quality control.
6. Stay educated on airline rules, regulations and current affairs.
7. Create service contracts for group travel.
8. Provide alternatives for customer travel.
9. Engage in aggressive marketing of the company and report back to the directors.
10. Supervise support staff to ensure that their needs have been met in accordance with the client requirements.
11. Submits financial statements to the Board of Directors.
12. Promotes the image of the company
1. Knowledge of computer reservation programs (GDS), such as Galileo, Amadeus or similar reservation programs.
2. Minimum Education: Diploma in a tourism and hospitality related field
Job Experience required
At least three (3) years experience in a travel related field
Interested applicants should submit their CV and cover letter to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org before 15th May 2011. No late submissions will be allowed