Company Name : AIRTEL UGANDA
Company Profile : Airtel a leading telecom is in need of A RISK AND FRAUD ANALYST
Responsible to: REVENUE ASSURANCE MANAGER
Job Role: To enforce and tighten the organizational revenue generating functions by implementing and monitoring quantifiable controls and procedures within the organization in order to reduce company revenue losses and create revenue enhancement opportunities.
Key Result Areas 1. Carry out fraud investigations, monitoring and management of systems and tools in order to detect and pre-empt fraud and implement and manage tools and techniques which aid in fraud management.
2. Verify documentation for manual system adjustments, check postpaid activations on a weekly basis and usage of roaming to test sims and verify limits.
3. Reconcile all stock and verify payments with Treasury section on a daily basis including checking issuance with dealers and reconcile postpaid payments in the System (Sun / Oracle Vs Homisco)
4. Track all payphone bonuses for all that are eligible and carrying out bill run verification on a monthly basis before final bills are issued to clients
5. Providing product/service independent risk assessment, analysis and improvement of system specifications for staff and user documentation for end-users.
6. Periodic reconciliation of reciprocal compensation revenue resulting from roaming and recommend controls in line with best practice for tariff changes.
7. Continuous monitoring and improvement of the GSM roaming interconnect process focusing on emerging fraud types and liaising with other operators to understand and combat fraud.
8. Monitor lifecycle of short codes (emphasis on toll free), checking commissions paid out to staff and dealers and review pricing new products & promotions for possibility of abuse or revenue leakage
9. To provide timely reports to senior management concerning progress made, outlining the quantified benefit to the organization and the exposures (challenges) ahead and reporting draw backs when they occur.
10. Adhere to Personal Development Plan and give 2 presentations per quarter to the rest of the RA team on new knowledge or skills acquired.
Experience : 3 (Years)
Location : Kampala Uganda
Skill Set :
You have • University degree (Finance, Economics, Accounting with IT). • 3 years related work experience. • Software skills, in MS Excel, Access, ACL and Word • Hands on Project management skills, and any SQL or Oracle experience. • Skills in data analysis, auditing, reconciliation and decision making. • RA Systems experience and exposure with order provisioning, customer care, usage processing and telecommunications billing processes, systems and interfaces. • Excellent Communication skills, organizational, interpersonal and team building skills. • Strong capability to prepare reports, load information, and trend data. • Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deliver results by critical deadlines.
How to Apply: Apply Online or Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications and CV’s with a day phone contact addressed and an email address to – The Talent Acquisition & Talent Management Manager. Closing date: 24th January 2011. Please note • Attach copies of all academic documents. • Soliciting of influence of any nature will lead to an automatic disqualification. • This position attracts a competitive remuneration package, but only short listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not hear from us within 3 weeks from closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Address : PLOT 40, JINJA ROAD,P.O.BOX: 6771