Water For People
Job Summary and Overall Purpose: The Monitoring & Evaluation and Knowledge Management Specialist, working under the direct supervision of the Country Director, Water for People Uganda, will be responsible for coordinating the development and implementation of a comprehensive organisational monitoring & evaluation and knowledge management system to enhance impact monitoring, quality control and evaluation in order to improve internal processes and results delivery and underpin accountability at various levels.
A. Monitoring – Lead the design and implementation of a monitoring framework to track delivery against Water for People Uganda goals and objectives; including establishing baselines to gauge and support the performance of the programme.
B. Evaluation – Lead the analysis of data collected under the monitoring framework for assessment of progress and areas for improvement, as well as the implementation of summative evaluations
C. Reporting - Provide regularly synthesized and updated reports on the status of implementation against Water for People Uganda strategic goals and objectives.
D. Advocacy and Communication – Lead on communication activities relating to the country M&E System and develop, manage and influence advocacy strategies.
E. Knowledge management - Ensure that the Water for People Uganda team is actively engaged with the water and sanitation market in learning and adaptive management processes for effective and sustainable water and sanitation services delivery in the regions it works in.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
1. Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences. Development studies or Research studies with a development bias Training in M&E is an added advantage
2. Knowledge and experience in the use of the FLOW (Field Level Operations Watch) mapping methodology would be a huge asset.
3. Experience in developing materials for a variety of specific audiences and creating wide range of communication products
4. Knowledge and understanding of qualitative and quantitative research/evaluation methodologies and strong analytical skills.
5. Good skills in presentation, documentation and information management.
6. Proven strong report writing skills, including experience in producing proposals, reports, and other informational documents, matched with the ability to present monitoring data and survey findings clearly
7. Computer proficiency with MS Office, MS Access, MS Project, PowerPoint, Statistical Programs (e.g. STRATA, SAS, SPSS)
How to apply:
Interested applicants may submit their applications, CV’s and testimonials not later than February 17, 2012 to: The Administrative and Procurement Manager, Water For People Uganda, Plot 9 Olumi Close, P.O. Box 1420 Kampala. While we appreciate your application, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.