Reports to: Programme Manager – WATSAN Location: Iganga Duration: Two Years
The Project Engineer – WATSAN will be part of the URCS DM team and be primarily responsible for the field level implementation of the Diarrheal Diseases Reduction Project in Namayingo, Luuka and Bugiri districts supported by Belgian Red Cross – Flanders.
Specific Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Initiates and draws field level project work plans in line with the agreed budgets and activities with Belgian Red Cross – Flanders.
• Leads field level implementation of the Diarrhea Reduction Project.
• Generates and submits timely project reports in agreed formats.
• Accountable for the effective utilization and timely accounting of project resources.
• Liaises with both the Regional and Branch Manager on effective and efficient utilization of project funds.
Mobilizes community groups in software and hardware activity implementation and Mentors Branch teams in WATSAN designed activities and ensures quality project planning and implementation.
• Trains community groups and branch volunteers on .WATSAN related interventions.
• Conducts technical assessments for WATSAN in the intervention communities.
• Prepares technical specifications and supervises the construction of WATSAN facilities.
• Initiates and mentors staff in water quality testing and surveillance for the communal water sources.
• Collaboration and coordination with the relevant stakeholders in planning for WATSAN interventions.
Minimum qualifications and working experience:
The person must have a Bachelor’s Degree / higher education in Water Engineering, Civil Engineering. Three years experience in active service of related field preferably in a humanitarian organisation. Experience of working on community managed risk reduction projects is an added advantage. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong analytical skills, computer literate, guiding baseline and other risk assessments, ability to work under pressure with limited supervision, strong team player with the ability to manage disputes and result oriented.
How to apply:
Applications with copies of Curriculum Vitae, names of three professional referees, copies of certified academic certifications, telephone contact should be submitted to: The Secretary General, Uganda Red Cross Society, P.O. Box 494, Rubaga Road Plot 551/555, Kampala, Uganda. Closing date for receipt of the applications is Friday 15th June 2012 at 5.00 pm. Due to large volumes of applications; only short listed candidates shall be contacted. If you do not hear fin us within two weeks from the closing date of receipt of applications, consider your application unsuccessful. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 15th May 2012