Salary Scale: NARO Grade UR8.
Nature of employment: Contract
Duties and Responsibilities.
1. Patrolling assigned areas on foot or in a vehicle to detect and prevent signs of intrusion and examines doors windows and gates to ensure they are securely locked.
2. Raising the alarm or responding to the alarm and investigates disturbances.
3. Checking for irregularities, such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes and calls the police or fire departments in cases of fire emergency or presence of unauthorized persons.
4. Performs periodic inspections of security systems, emergency call boxes, street lights to ensure to ensure operational use, detect evidence of tampering and reporting malfunctions as required.
5. Guarding the entrance or exit, checking identification cards, screening individuals and motor vehicles as well as preventing passage of people or prohibited articles from entering or leaving restricted areas.
6. Providing information and warning violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.
7. Apprehending, detaining or evicting intruders, offenders and violators from premises using reasonable force when necessary.
8. May be required to answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or when switchboard is closed.
9. May be required to circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
10. May be required to escort a motor-vehicle and provide security to staff, visitors and prevent incidents of insecurity or theft of valuables.
11. May be required to monitor and adjust controls that regulate building systems or research experiments such as air conditioning, furnace or boiler etc.
12. Writing reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as property damage, leaking pipes, theft, fire or presence of unauthorized persons or unusual occurrence.
13. Any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
Uganda Certificate of Education, Certificate of Good Conduct in Security Operations or Law Enforcement.
Six (6) months on-the-job training in law enforcement or One (1) year experience in security work
Tenure of office:
Four (4) years contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
Should not be above 45 years.
Interested persons who meet the requirements above should submit / hand deliver their applications together with detailed CVs giving day time telephone numbers and names and addresses of three referees as well as copies of professional certificates and transcripts to the;
Director of Research:
Mbarara Zonal Agricultural Research & Development Institute,
4 Km Mbarara - Kasese rd,
P.O. Box 389, Mbarara.
Deadline for receiving applications is Friday December 9, 2011 at 5:00Pm.