Job Title: PRINCIPAL IT OFFICER – DATA PROCESSING (1)
Job Ref.: UBOS/HRM/2012/15
Salary scale: UBOS P2
Reports to: Director Information Technology
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Initiate, develop and/or review data processing standards, methods and strategies in
accordance with the Data Processing framework.
2. Establish and promote adherence to common standards, methods and best practices
of data processing in line with the data processing strategies.
3. Manage large scale data processing projects including maintaining project schedules,
managing resources and providing solutions to ensure project activity is in
accordance with project plan and standards
4. Develop, implement and monitor Section work plans, budgets and quarterly reports in
line with the Information Technology Strategy
5. Monitor adherence by Section staff to established corporate policies, regulations and
6. Train UBOS data processing staff on the data processing methods standards,
procedure and guidelines.
7. Manage and Account for Section Resources in accordance with the corporate
8. Monitor and evaluate the performance of section staff in line with the set performance
A Bachelor’s degree with honours in Statistics; or mathematics with a bias in
statistical computing; or computer science/IT.
A master’s degree in a relevant field is essential.
Professional certification in the field of applications development will be an added
Good knowledge of statistics and data processing is essential;
Leadership and team building skills;
Minimum of 4 years working experience in similar assignments at a senior level
position in a busy and reputable organization is required;
Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
How to Apply:
Applications indicating three referees with their contact addresses, the applicant’s postal address, e-mail,
and telephone contacts and copies of academic transcripts and certificates should be sent to
the following address;
The Deputy Executive Director - Corporate Services,
Uganda Bureau of Statistics,
Plot 9, Colville Street, P.O Box 7186, Kampala.
Tel.: +256-41-4706000 Fax +25641-4237533/230370.
Please, indicate the relevant Job Reference Number on top of the first page of the
UGANDA BUREAU OF STATISTICS IS AN ALL- EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
ORGANIZATION. QUALIFYING FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO Apply
Deadline: 23rd Nov 2012