Action Against Hunger-USA
Closing date: 24 Mar 2011
Location: Uganda - Karamoja
Objective 1: Supervise logistics and administration in Karamoja.
- Manage logistics and administration staff in order to ensure smooth program and operations.
- Ensure the respect adherence to ACF logistics and administration procedures within all departments.
- Identify staff’s training needs set post-training objectives
- Invest in improving the functioning of logistics tools and regulations in collaboration with the LOGCO.
- Validate logistics reports, before sending them to Kampala for final approval.
- Perform regular (fortnightly, monthly) cash controls and bank reconciliations.
- Ensure all newly recruited ACF national staff is correctly, thoroughly briefed (ACF charter, security, staff regulations)
- Oversee the accountancy and implement the cash forecast on monthly basis.
- Ensure timely, purposeful evaluations of staff with the focus on career development.
- Provide training and refresher courses on base related to fleet, movement, safety, security, first aid and other issues that must be cyclically assessed for quality and performance.
Objective 2: Ensure safety and security of ACF staff, equipment and bases in Karamoja.
- Brief all new ACF International staffs on ACF safety and security procedures in region, ensure consistent refreshing / sensitization over changing security context and modified plans..
- Follow up security situation at the field / regional level, and take decisions accordingly (especially movements) in collaboration with the CD and LOGCO.
- Ensure that ACF rules and regulations concerning staff security and safety are being followed by all regional staff and visitors to the bases.
- Update the regional security plan as necessary, in collaboration with LOGCO and CD.
- Propose change on Lima (security) levels according to the context.
- Ensure that all communication equipment and vehicles are functional, ensure safety and careful usage of the equipment, as per equipment policy.
- Report fleet/equipment problems to LOGCO.
- Ensure security stock and medical kits are regularly checked by pertinent focal points.
Objective 3: Monitor, analyze and report on political, humanitarian and security contexts in Karamoja.
- Maintain and develop a network to collect relevant information.
- Promote the image and work of ACF in the sub-region.
- Analyze the political, security, social and humanitarian context and feed it into annual strategies.
- Prepare weekly updates (sitreps) concerning the context.
Objective 4: Represent ACF externally in all meetings with government, donors, other stakeholders, and the general humanitarian community in Karamoja.
- Ensure all stakeholders present in Karamoja have a clear understanding of ACF charter, background, security procedures, programs objectives, activities in the field.
- Promote the acceptance of ACF and its programs in host and work locations and communities.
- Ensure regular contacts with local authorities (Chief Administrative Officer, LC5, LC3I, Resident District Commissioner, Ministry of Health, District Security Officer, UPDF representatives, etc.)
- Ensure regular contacts with all humanitarian partners (NGOs, UN…)
- Ensure ACF attends all relevant humanitarian coordination meetings
- Represent ACF to the courts and human rights’ representative entities in case of judicial actions.
Objective 5: Ensure effective, timely and standardized communication/coordination between all departments on bases / region and capital departments / coordination team.
- Play the role of facilitator between the capital and the field (sharing information).
- Implement/facilitate fortnightly coordination meetings on base and minute the meetings for further follow up.
- Organize regular general staff meetings at bases.
- Ensure exchange of information between ACF technical departments at regional level.
- Visit ACF field activities regularly and report on problems, challenges and obstacles.
- Ensure, assist and enforce efficient, synergized, integrated fieldwork and program/movement planning and program drafting by program managers and officers.
Education / Specific Degrees / Special Skills :
- Significant experience in humanitarian project management, especially in insecure areas.
- Advanced knowledge of donors’ guidelines and procedures in humanitarian settings.
- Excellent human resource management skills.
- Excellent organizational, leadership and motivation/training skills.
- Must be self-disciplined, able to meet own deadlines and arrive at decisions and conclusions with minimal guidance.
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English (professional English required).
Humanitarian field experience requested: YES
How to apply
Please apply online with a CV and Cover Letter at http://www.actionagainsthunger.org/get-involved/jobs