Number of vacancies: (1)
Duty station: (Masaka, but will be required to travel to the field)
The position as a Capacity Building Officer at project level has the responsibility to coordinate all capacity building and training activities within the project. He/she will work under the direct supervision of the Head of Farmer Enterprise Development unit with a close link to the Programme Technical Adviser as well as the Project Manager to ensure that capacity building activities are effectively integrated within the development interventions of the project.
Key Duties and responsibilities
The Officers in this position will be expected to carry out the following among others:-
• Coordinate the capacity building and training/course activities on a project level and to deliver on the agreed targets and goals.
• Coordinate together with other units the farmer field schools, on farm experiments and demonstrations.
• Responsible for establishing, maintaining and developing contacts with universities and other relevant teaching/research institutions for networking and co-operation of activities.
• Ensure linkages with relevant stakeholders towards strengthening capacity development.
• Liaise with other units to get the full picture of the project’s capacity building demands and competences.
• Coordinate publicity issues, training material and radio programmes.
• Be the contact person, welcome and prepare programmes for visitors.
• Liaise with the HRO in assessing the training needs of staff and organizing appropriate trainings to address identified gaps.
• Ensure efficient and professional work progress and suggest capacity building among personnel and other stakeholders if needed.
• Compile high quality and focused data and/or reports to the Programme Technical Adviser, Project Manager and Head of FED.
• Ensure that marginalized groups are given the same opportunities and are encouraged to participate in activities on equal terms as non marginalized people.
A Bachelors degree in Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Forestry, Agroforestry, Environment or any related field. The applicant should be a trainer of trainers with relevant work experience from a reputable institution/organization for at least 4 years. He/she should also have good communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
Applications with C.V. and copies of relevant documents should be addressed to the Human Resource Officer,
Vi Agroforestry Project,
P.O. Box 1732, Masaka.
Those near Masaka can hand deliver their applications to the Project Secretary in Kizungu not later than Friday 11th February 2011 at 2.00pm. Clear Tele/cell phone contacts should be included in the application. Only short listed candidates shall be contacted.