Friday, 05 November 2010
Job Description: Seeking Staff for Kampala Office.
Strengthening Decentralization for Sustainability (SDS) is a fi ve year USAID funded programme aiming at improving the results and sustainability of decentralized service delivery, with initial emphasis on Health and HIV/AIDS services, at Local Government levels in Uganda through four objectives:
1) To coordinate activities at the District and Sub county level.
2) To strengthen management of resources and program results at District and Sub-county level.
3) To improve Local Government support for social sector service delivery.
4) To institute innovative approaches to sustain social sector service delivery.
Initial activities will focus on 45 District Local Governments in the four regions of Western, Northern, Eastern and Central Uganda.
SDS is currently seeking to fi ll the following two positions based at Programme offi ce in Kampala.
1. Human Resource Specialist - 1 Position
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Grants, the Human Resource Specialist shall be responsible
for the human resource management needs of SDS including development and roll out of the SDS
Employee manual, recruitment, staff wellness, and performance management.
Specific duties of the position include;
• Managing the recruitment process and establish eff ective HR management systems.
• Roll out HR policies and procedures in Kampala and the four regional offi ces
• Maintain and coordinate staff performance management schedules with appropriate
A Bachelors Degree in Business Administration specializing in Human Resource Management or equivalent. A post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management will be of added advantage.
The candidate must have good interpersonal skills and counselling skills and at least 3 years experience
in a USAID funded project or organization.
2. Grants Administration & Monitoring Officer (Central Region Offi ce, Kampala)
The SDS Grants Administration and Monitoring Offi cer is responsible for managing, monitoring, and
reporting on central region grant disbursements to the eligible districts and local governments.
Educational Qualifi cation:
• Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Business Administration Degree with basic accounting
• Applicants should have at least fi ve years of experience in grants administration and
How to apply:
Interested candidates can send their letters of application, CV with three references and copies of their
academic qualifi cations by close of business Friday, 05th November 2010.
To: email@example.com with position applied for in the subject line.