Job Title: Financial Manager
National Housing and Construction Company Limited (NHCC) is a 48 year old private limited liability Company jointly owned by the Government of Uganda and the Government of Libya. The company’s major area of business is construction of residential and commercial buildings.
The vision of NHCC is “to transform people’s lives and communities by providing affordable and well-built housing.”
In an effort to ensure that we achieve our vision successfully, National Housing seeks to recruit a competent person with integrity, dedication and commitment for the position of Financial Manager, who will work as part of an exciting team with a vision of becoming a better person throughout their experience.
Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the vacant post of Financial Manager.
Job Title: Financial Manager
Reports to: Chief Finance Officer
Responsible for: Financial Officers and Financial Assistants
To supervise the processes of financial reporting and maintain a reliable and secure accounting system, that provides timely, accurate and quality financial information to management and the Board in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Company Policies and Procedures.
• Provides Management with periodic updates on business performance by performing financial analysis of key operating financial information.
• Ensures that internal controls, procedures and policies in the company's financial reporting process are adequate and functional and comply with IFRS and other best practices.
• Maintains the Company’s General Ledger and its subsidiaries and ensures integrity of the same in accordance with company policies and procedures. This may include reconciliations, adjustments, confirmations, circularization, etc.
• Proposes and implements improvements in accounting and reporting systems along with internal controls to facilitate accurate and timely reporting.
• Ensures accurate process accounting that wholly complies with IFRS.
• Manages the expenditure process and ensures that the risk of fraud is mitigated as per the company’s policies and procedures.
• Maintains the Company’s Fixed Asset Register and ensures that periodic reconciliations, physical count, pruning, and updates are carried out in accordance with company financial policies and procedures.
• Responsible for preparation of final accounts and financial statements in liaison with the external auditors.
• Supervises staff and appraises their performance regularly.
• Assists with ongoing compliance efforts.
• A Bachelor’s degree in business or statistics, preferably with specialization in Accounting and Finance.
• A full professional accounting qualification and full membership of an internationally recognized accountancy institution, such as CPA (U), ACCA, CPA (K).
• A post graduate qualification in a relevant field would be an added advantage.
• Must be computer literate and competent in supervising and usage of top Accounting Information Systems on the market.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• A minimum of five (5) years accounting/financial management experience in a vibrant commercial organization.
• Excellent analytical ability
• Committed to meeting deadlines
• Excellent report writing ability
• Skilled in people management
• Analytical thinking and judgment
• Concern for detail
How to Apply:
Applications clearly marked “Application for the position of Financial Manager” and accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of testimonials & three professional referees should be addressed to;
The Chief Human Resource Officer,
Plot 5, 7th Street, Industrial Area,
P.O Box 659,
Or by email: email@example.com
Deadline for submission is 20th February, 2013 by 4.00p.m
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.