Job Title: Executive Assistant
Closing Date: February 22, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Position Classification: Full time Services Contract
The United States Peace Corps seeks a candidate to serve as a contracted Peace Corps Executive Assistant in Kampala, Uganda. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a large office of diverse programs and volunteers.
The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important. The Executive Assistant will work under the supervision of the Peace Corps Country Director in Uganda.
• Provide administrative, logistical and program support to the Country Director.
• Arrange and coordinate the travel logistics for the CD and international visitors, including setting appointments, making hotel reservations, preparing necessary travel documents and information packages.
• Plan, with the direction of CD, and implement public relations and communication strategy liaising closely and coordinating with Public Affairs Office/Public Diplomacy section at the embassy
• Work closely with ITS to design and maintain PC-Uganda website
• Be responsible for heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with volunteers, both internal and external executives and assistants, as well as consultants, to coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings
• Answer phones and direct all incoming calls to appropriate party promptly and efficiently
• Communicate and handle incoming and outgoing electronic communications on behalf of the CD as directed
• Assist senior staff with preparation of presentation materials
• Review and summarize miscellaneous reports and documents; prepare background documents and outgoing mail as necessary
• Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner
• Oversee volunteer resource center to ensure efficient and effective resources /information availability and timely dissemination to Peace Corps Volunteers.
• Support safety and security function by maintaining duty roster, updating CD phone with pertinent data and up to date contact information.
• Organize special events and projects
• Maintain and manage an effective filing system
• Lead the administrative/program assistant coordination meetings and maintain effective communication flow in the organization
• Compile, transcribe and distribute meeting agendas and minutes.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• 5+ years experience supporting at the executive level
• Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings
• Experience assisting management with the creation of PowerPoint presentations
• Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Experience scheduling travel arrangements for management, excellent writing skills
• Support experience in a volunteer support and professional services, PR/marketing, international development
• Experience successfully creating and/or modifying processes
• Bachelor’s degree
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following or the application will not be considered:
1. A resume or C.V. that includes:
• Professional positions held, identifying duties, responsibilities, dates of employment and reason for leaving
• Education and training, identifying universities attended, dates of attendance, degrees and diplomas.
• Professional licenses, certificates, registrations
• An accounting for periods of unemployment longer than three months
2. Three professional references. (One must also be from the current employer.)
3. Photocopies of:
Academic diplomas. Pease note, in addition to a copy of the academic diploma, the applicant must submit an official academic transcript and curriculum.
Certificates of all post graduate training, internships, residencies, fellowships
4. A cover letter
5. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
6. The candidate should also provide the following:
a. Date of birth
b. Place of birth
d. Passport number
e. Passport issue date
f. Passport expiration date
7. An original copy of a reference letter from your area Local Council (LC1) required.
All documents submitted must be in English, with official translation for those not, and shall not be returned.
You will be contacted ONLY if you are deemed qualified and invited for an interview.
How to Apply:
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
OR via mail:
Peace Corps / Uganda
Plot 48 Malcom X Avenue, Kololo
PO Box 29348
Peace Corps Uganda is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline: 22nd Feb 2013