Goal reserves the right to reject any application from a candidate who is currently employed by a local partner organization.
Job title: Livelihood & Food Security Project Manager – Abim
The Livelihood & Food Security Project Manager is responsible for GOAL’s food security and livelihoods programming in Abim. He/she will take overall charge of the programmatic and operational deliverables including project implementation, budget management and reporting needs in line with defined organisational and donor requirements.
Reporting to the Programme Manager, the incumbent’s key duties will include; ensuring effective and efficient use of resources within the project, contributing to the further development and financing of the project, developing and maintaining effective working relationships with all relevant stakeholders at a district level in order to promote effective coordination, visibility and appropriate engagement by GOAL.
* University degree in Agriculture, rural development or rlated disciplines with hands on experience in sustainable livelihoods programming;
* At least 5 years experience in managing sustainable livelihoods programmes particularly in a recovery context;
* Strong Management, project planning, organisational, supervisory, interpersonal, and communication skills;
* Proven skills in performance management and capacity building related to staff, institutions and communities;
* Willingness to live in Abim which is in a remote location
* Fluency in English, spoken and written; ability to communicate with beneficiaries in their own language.
* Experience in Agri-business management;
* Training and strong understanding of the sustainable livelihood framework
* Ability to manage stress;
* Competent in windows, MS office programmes, email and database experience;
* Proven ability to work creatively and independently.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Applicants who meet the requirements should submit their applications which must include at least 4 reference contacts (2 professional, 2 character references, including current or most recent employer), and daytime contact number by close of business Friday 26th November 2010 to:
The Human Resource and Administration Coordinator, GOAL Uganda, P.O. Box 33140, Kampala, Lubbobo Close, Muyenga, next to DED or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org