Job Title: PROGRAM EVALUATION AND RESEARCH SPECIALIST.
Reporting Relations: Reports to Program Director
The Program Evaluation and Research Specialist plays a critical role in supporting programmatic learning and accountability in the country office. Designs and implements research and evaluation on behalf of the Program Implementation Department. Supports global research projects led by Program Development in the Global Ministry Center.
Implements the Impact Evaluation Model and serves as a resource on other issues related to research and evaluation.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
1. Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
2. Working within one’s influence, serves as an advocate for children around the world who live in poverty and are not able to speak out for themselves. This includes being informed about the issues of children and influencing others to care about children who are in need.
3. Conducts approved research projects. Develops proposals to address research questions raised by the Program Implementation or Field Leadership. Designs appropriate methodologies for approved research projects. Oversees collection of data from children, families, church and community following approved research design.
4. Performs analysis of data, providing both descriptive and inferential statistics, as well as qualitative analysis, that will allow for an enhanced understanding of the topic of investigation. Prepares research reports documenting the findings of research projects, including the impact of Compassion’s ministry on assisted children, their parents, churches and communities.
5. Supports two to three GMC research initiatives implemented in the country by managing data collection, entry and transmission.
6. Conducts Program Evaluation using the methodology and instruments prescribed in Compassion’s Program Impact Evaluation Model; the Program Evaluation and Research Specialist will manage all aspects of a participatory program evaluation process.
7. Serves as a resource for Program Implementation and Field Leadership on issues related to research and evaluation. Support the development and maintenance of a country strategic map providing a graphic depiction of the geographic dispersion of needs and resources within the country.
8. Consults with Program Implementation and supports the development of evaluation methodologies for all three core ministries. Assists Program Implementation in the collection and analysis of data regarding program implementation. Supports Quality Assurance as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. Mature Christian person, with evangelical Christian values; a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and above reproach in integrity and honesty.
2. A masters degree or equivalent experience in Sociology, Anthropology, Education or related area with knowledge of social research methods.
3. Three years experience in research methodology.
4. Experience in research in cross-cultural studies of moral development, child development, public health or other topics related to Compassion’s ministry to children.
5. Knowledge and experience in child development.
6. Demonstrated ability to write a professionally presented research report.
7. Ability to communicate and help management understand and apply learning from research in a way that helps them improve effectiveness.
8. Computer literate, experience with Internet, word processing, database and presentation software.
9. Able to work cross-culturally.
10. Ability to prepare descriptive statistics to summarize research findings and inferential statistics to draw conclusions about the target population based on sample findings.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions of this job. It may be necessary for a person to perform other duties as needed.
There will be limited travel required.
How to Apply:
A cover letter, recommendation from your previous employer if applicable, detailed curriculum vitae, 3 professional references,
reference letter from your current Pastor, copies of academic qualification documents.
Applications should reach the undersigned latest by Friday 9th
November 2012 5:00pm. (Closing Date).
Write To: The Sr. Human Resources Specialist, Compassion
International, P.O.Box 8936 Kampala – Uganda.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 9th Nov 2012