Job Title: Procurement Supervisor
Number: 060/2013 Date: 07/1/2013
OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
POSITION: Procurement Supervisor; FP-5 FSN 10
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
"The American Embassy is seeking an individual for the position of Procurement Supervisor."
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Responsible for all aspects of contracting and procurement functions for 15 agencies subscribing to the ICASS service. The total contracting and procurement transactions are over 20 million dollars a year. The incumbent supervises six employees, providing guidance and assistance to them.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available on http://kampala.usembassy.gov/job_opportunites.html
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Education required: Completion of a university degree in procurement, business, business administration, commerce, finance, marketing, accounting, economics, purchasing and/or supplies is required.
2. Work Experience required: Four years of progressively responsible experience in procurement and contracting work is required.
3. Language required: Level IV (fluent - written and spoken) English ability is required.
4. Knowledge required: Good working knowledge of contracting procedures, practices, and local pricing customs of the local market is required.
5. Skills and Abilities required: Ability to organize, manage, and supervise the procurement functions is required. Must also have the ability to evaluate, analyze and negotiate.
After an initial application screening, applicants will be invited to a testing process that may include a written examination and oral interviews. The selected candidate must pass pre-employment medical and security investigations before beginning work. The initial appointment period is one year, subject to renewal.
Normally, candidates for employment are hired at the first step of the designated pay grade. In some instances, candidates may be hired at a higher step when exceptional qualifications or previous governmental service and pay level so warrant. The Human Resources Officer will make the decision with the concurrence of the employing section.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and visa status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed US Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their appointment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
1. Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174).
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae.
3. Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional US Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
4. Any other documentation (e.g. essays, transcripts/certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office
By email at KampalaHR@state.gov.
ONLY ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AND ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Clearly indicate the position applied for in the subject area of the email submission.
Please use standard file types such as Microsoft Word (.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and please send all documents in one file attachment.