Job Title: General Services Assistant; FP-06
OPEN TO: U.S. Citizen EFMs only – All Agencies
POSITION: General Services Assistant; FP-06
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must be able to obtain a SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE. U.S. CITIZEN ELIGIBLE FAMILY MEMBERS, AS DEFINED BELOW OF U.S. GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES ASSIGNED TO THE MISSION UNDER THE CHIEF OF MISSION AUTHORITY ARE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Assists the General Services Officer (GSO) in all day-to-day operations and supervision of the LE staff assigned to the GSO section in efficiently running any of the following sections; Property/Supply, Motor pool, Customs & Shipping, and Housing . Reports directly to the GSO or the Assistant GSO and serves as acting GSO in the absence of the General Services Officer and the Assistant GSO.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available on http://kampala.usembassy.gov/job_opportunites.html
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Education Required: Completion of a university degree in liberal arts, business administration or sciences is required.
2. Work Experience: Three years experience as a staff manager/supervisor is required.
3. Language Requirement: Level IV (fluent - written and spoken) English ability is required.
4. Knowledge: Must have a good working knowledge of Department of State or associated agency General Services and Facilities Maintenance regulations and procedures in general and detailed knowledge of those instructions and procedures which apply to the assigned tasks.
5. Skills and Abilities: Must be tactful, yet effective, in dealing with American personnel relative to inventories of household furnishings and equipment. Must have advanced typing and computer skills, in particular those dealing with spreadsheets and data organization. Must have the ability to learn complex USG database systems, such as WEBPass.
After an initial application screening, applicants will be invited for oral interviews. The selected candidate must pass pre-employment security investigations before beginning work. The initial appointment period is one year, subject to renewal.
Normally, candidates for employment are hired at the first step of the designated pay grade. In some instances, candidates may be hired at a higher step when exceptional qualifications or previous governmental service and pay level so warrant. The Human Resources Officer will make the decision with the concurrence of the employing section.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and visa status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their appointment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
1. Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174).
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae
3. Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional US Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
4. Any other documentation (e.g. essays, transcripts/certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office
By email at KampalaHR@state.gov.
ONLY ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AND ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Clearly indicate the position applied for in the subject area of the email submission.
Please use standard file types such as Microsoft Word (.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and please send all documents in one file attachment.