To support in project coordination and administration.
Specific areas of responsibility will include
i. Assisting the WRAUg National Coordinator in the planning and implementation of Alliance activities
ii.Communication with WRAUg members and partners, including; establishing and updating members contact databases and information,
iii. Participation in planning of WRAUg workshops and meetings including documentation of workshop/ meeting proceedings,
iv. Website and Newsletter Updates,
v. Documentation: Drafting, reviewing and editing reports, board papers and other documents as requested by the Board, vi. Ensuring smooth running of the office ie managing relevant office supplies, managing phone calls, emails and other correspondence and communication
vii. Processing financial accountability returns in close collaboration with AMREF Financial Department
viii. Representing WRAUg in selected meetings and task forces.
ix. Maintaining confidentiality of all data and information generated by WRAUg
Knowledge and Skills
1. Skills in simple accounting and bookkeeping
2. At least 2-3 years experience working as a Project Officer or similar post, preferably within a health-oriented NGO
3. Ability to work with member organizations, the Government and development partners.
4. Proficient in Microsoft Office and e-mail administration.
5. Good command of English
6. Excellent interpersonal skills
7. Ability to work under pressure and beyond designated working hours when necessary
8. Abiiity to work with minimum supervision.
9. Excellent oral and written communication skills
Qualifications and Experience
A degree or diploma in social science, health, administration or any other relevant discipline.
Apply for this job
To apply please send CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees including copies of certificates, salary history, and available start dates to the address or e-mail below. All applications shall be clearly marked: "AMREF Project Officer". No e-mails must exceed 2 MB.
Closing date is 5 PM on 29th September 2610.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
People Performance Group
Plot 8 Kitante Close, Kitante
P.O. Box 12405, Kampala Uganda
Attn.: The Director