Job Title: Public Relations Assistant
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda) FULL TIME
About this Job:
THE AIDS SUPPORT ORGANIZATION (TASO UGANDA)
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda), an organisation contributing to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of Life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease, requires the
services of dedicated, competent, innovative and results oriented personnel to fill in the following positions.
6. Job Title : Public Relations Assistant (2)
Department Location : Service Centre
Reporting to : Centre Manager
Responsible for: None
Main Purpose of the Job:
To take charge of the Public Relations and Advocacy functions at the Service Centre and promote and protect TASO’s public image at the Centre level.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following tasks;
• Develop and implement public relations strategies and plans.
• Develop, manage and disseminate public relations materials.
• Take lead in receiving and attending to visitors to the centre.
• Make arrangements for potential visitors.
• Keep an updated record of visitors by updating the visitor’s information system.
• • Monitor the media and public opinion to ensure projection and protection of TASO’s image.
• Contribute to the Centre advocacy work.
• Manage events at the Centre
• Take photos of clients and process their identity cards
• Coordinate internship-activities at the Centre
PERSON SPECIFICATIONS – Public Relations Assistant Academic Qualifications
1st Degree in Social Sciences, preferably in Social Work and Social Administration, or Mass Communication
Training in Public Relations and Advocacy
Minimum Experience and Exposure
2 years in public relations work
Key facts about HIV/AIDS, Trends and developments in HIV/ AIDS Care, TASO’s mandate, programmes and activities, The activities of other AIDS Support organizations in Uganda, TASO’s Key Supporters and their roles.
How to apply:
Only qualified candidates that meet all the above requirements are invited to submit their resume, copies of certified academic certificates, testimonials and three referees. Please firmly staple your papers together and specify the position applied for on the top right corner of the envelope. TASO offers a competitive package for all the positions.
Note: only short listed candidates will be contacted. CLOSING DATE: 12th June 2012.
Please forward your applications to:
The Human Resource & Administration Director
P.O. BOX 10443, KAMPALA
“OR hand deliver your application to TASO HQ level II, located at Old Mulago Hospital”.
Deadline: 12th June 2012