* Entering/ feeding/ posting of duly passed vouchers in computer/ledgers/registers/bank’s books etc.
* Data entry of various instruments/information in computer/system.
* Scrolling vouchers/receiving pay-in-slips, cheques, drafts & other instruments as per the authority delegated to you by the management and issuing acknowledgement therefore.
* Tallying of scroll sheets with respective heads/accounts.
* Work in cash department and perform all function relating to receiving/paying/Remittance/counting/tallying of cash.
* Receiving cash from the customers/depositors, properly accounting for them in banks books/accounts and issuing proper acknowledgement/receipt to customers.
* Paying duly authorized cash vouchers/cheques after getting it passed by proper authorities.
* Updating passbooks, balancing of books, reconciling the accounts/various accounting heads etc. Proper maintenance and upkeep of bank’s records.
* Typing of letters, spread sheets, doing other job work on computers.
* Marketing of New and existing products and services with a view to ensure mobilizing Business for the Bank
Above list is just illustrative and not exhaustive , therefore, the job role/functions shall include any other clerical duties assigned by the Bank Management / Departmental Head from time to time as per Bank’s requirements.
* Must be able to read, write and speak English.
* Should be obedient, honest, loyal to the institution and should have integrity of highest order.
* Courteous to customers, staff and superiors.
* Having satisfactory conduct and track record.
* Preferably should have valid Driving Permit of 3 years, with preference of driving experience of 3 years. (applicable only for the post of Driver-cum-Office Assistant)
Qualification: Graduate preferably with minimum Second Class degree. Degree in Commerce / Accounting & Finance will be an added advantage.
Requirements: Computer knowledge and proficiency in computer operation shall be accorded preference in selection.
Experience: Experience in banking / financial institutions will be given due weightage in selection process.
Age: Preferably up to 28 years.
Remuneration: Bank offers an attractive pay package with good career prospects.
HOW TO APPLY:
Typed applications with full C.V., names of two referees with photocopies of academic/professional/experience certificates, proof of age, copy of driving permit etc. should be sent to the Manager (HRM), Bank of Baroda (Uganda) Limited, 18, Kampala Road, P.O. Box 7197, Kampala.
CLOSING DATE: Applications complete in all respect should reach to above address on or before 10th December, 2011 by 3.00 p.m.