Job Title: COUNCIL SECRETARY
Reports to: Director Corporate Services
Salary Grade: UR 4.
• In consultation with the Chairman and the Director General, draw the agenda and convene Council and Committee meetings.
• Schedule, arrange, plan and attend all Council and Council Committee meetings for purpose of taking and keeping a record of proceedings.
• Prepare for approval, implement and monitor Council and Committee work plans and budgets and manage the Council vote.
• Prepare periodic Council status reports for review and adoption before circulation
• Arrange and forward copies of business documents for Council and Committee meetings two weeks before the scheduled meeting dates.
• Communicate Council Policies and instructions to management for implementation.
• Advise and guide members of Council on all laws and regulations governing Council businesses.
• Ensure that Council members and management operate within an authorized framework approved by Council and law of Uganda.
• A good degree obtained from a recognized university.
• Must be a member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators.
• Applicants must have at least five years’ experience as Board Secretary, Council or Committee Secretary/ Clerk in a busy and reputable organization with a minimum age of 35 years and below 50 years.
• Must be proficient in Micro soft office packages namely, word, excel and power point and ability to promptly transcribe and produce quality resolutions, minutes and reports without assistance.
• Must be an excellent communicator in both written and speech.
• Must be person of integrity, honesty and able preserve confidential information.
Tenure of office:
Successful candidates for the advertised vacancies shall be employed on four years’ renewable contracts subject to satisfactory performance and good conduct.
How to Apply:
Interested persons with the above requirements should submit hand-written applications together with a detailed curriculum vitae giving day-time telephone number and names and addresses of 3 (three) referees as well as copies of professional certificates and testimonials to the undersigned
.The Director General, National Agricultural Research Organisation, P.O. Box 295, Entebbe