Company: Action Against Hunger-USA
Closing date: 31 Dec 2010
Design a customized and relevant integrated surveillance protocol for ACF areas of intervention in The Karamoja and the Acholi districts, in Uganda.
The consultant will be hierarchically under the CD, and functionally under the CMN. He will works in close collaboration with the Nut surveillance PM and the nutrition advisor at HQs level.
Tasks and activities to carry out
There are three main phases of the post:
1) Discussion with keys informants
- To exchange with the technical coordinators, and field and HQs level, to obtain the global picture of the mission's strategy, programs, and expectations of this particular project
- To exchange with partners and donors (MoH, UNICEF, DHO, other NGOs) to understand their understanding and expectations of the integrated surveillance project.
- To achieve a desk review of similar projects in Uganda and other countries
- To contact relevant leaders of similar projects or protocols of surveillance initiatives to get their input.
- To liaise with the nutrition surveillance Project Manager in Uganda to learn and understand the main identified needs in terms the surveillance survey has to meet, the current strategies and methodology, and together find a way to harmonize the list of indicators to be validate by the CMN the HQ, and UNICEF (donor);
- To define and to design the Ugandan surveillance survey protocol according to an approved scientifically and internationally standards
- To discuss with the surveillance PM the relevance of updating the existing enumerator guide based on the protocol of the surveillance survey.
- To define in collaboration with the PM after agreement with partners and the technical coordinators the list of indicators per sensitivity and per season.
- To define the analysis plan using geographical area, livelihood zone, WHO standards, old standards, and potentials risks of disasters, and in same time avoid un necessaries indicators.
- To define indicators which can be more sensitive for a proper follow up of change due to the seasonality, or to a disaster.
- To design a guideline as well as a training module regarding data collection, analysis and interpretation
- To get all the work validate by the coordination team at Kampala level, and at HQ level.
- To organized a restitution to the coordination team, the UNICEF nutrition and surveillance team at Kampala level, and with the Senior Nut advisor at HQ level
- To train the Surveillance team on the guideline
Graduate degree in Epidemiology. Experience on the field a plus. - Good understanding of Nutrition, Food Security & Livelihood and WASH programming. - Fluent in English (professional English required).
How to apply
Please apply online at :
Reference Code: RW_8C5KBS-92