Program M & E Coordinator- 1 position (Head Office)
Role defi nition: develop and monitor the implementation of system, policies and procedures to align with Baylor Uganda’s strategic objectives to the functional level and as well monitor the implementation of M & E/data management systems and guidelines as per WESTNILE, UNICEF and KOICA projects in line
with Baylor Uganda’s mission
Key result areas
1. Conduct periodic surveys (baselines, mid-term, and end of program) to establish the progress level of programs in relation to the set performance indicators in line with the departmental mission
2. Build the capacity of data teams in facilities supported by Baylor – Uganda and programme implementers in M & E and data management issues in line with the departmental mission
3. Review and monitor the implementation of HR support activities to enhance a competent & motivated “M & E offi cer team” in line with the Human resources manual.
4. Review and monitor the developing of BSCs at departmental and unit level so as to enhance the integration of organizational objectives with functional goals in line with Baylor Uganda’s mission.
5. Design, update and modify Project/programs databases for capturing project related information on programme indicators, progress and impact according to established MIS guidelines in line with the departmental mission.
6. Provide BSC orientation to new staff and Training users in relation to BSC management gaps & developing a BSC and monitor the performance of supervisors in regard to managing functional performance as a continuous process in line with performance management guidelines.
7. Provide technical support to Electronic Medical Record (EMR) users and monitor the implementation of staff training programmes to use data collection tools& evidence generated for planning and decision making processes in line with M&E procedure
8. Prepare periodic M&E reports with appropriate recommendations in regard to the various project performance as per the set performance indicators and give feedback to the project implementers in lessons learnt meetings/CMEs and other foras in line with M&E reporting guidelines of MoH and Baylor
9. Develop a system for monitoring data capture & cleaning process and conduct statistical analysis of the data collected to support program activities and research studies in the organization in line with the departmental mission.
10. Prepare quarterly and annually BSC oriented/functional performance reports to be submitted to management and other key stakeholders in line with Baylor Uganda reporting guidelines.
Job specifi cations
The job holder should have; 1) A Bachelor’s (honours) degree in statistics. (2) Postgraduate diploma in project planning & management or statistics or demography or community based course or public health with a BSC related training `(3) at least 2 years experience in managing the BSC and 3 years of
experience in Log Frame Approach in planning, monitoring and evaluation; application of qualitative and quantitative M&E methods; with a reputable international NGO, and direct experience with government and donor representatives (4) have Key personal competences in Team and communication skills, networking and partnership skills. Must be dynamic, Persuasive & convincing, self- motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative (5) ability to manage M & E systems for various programs / projects for WESTNILE, UNICEF and KOICA (6) Should be willing to travel to up country for up to 60% of his/
How to Apply:
If you have the relevant qualifi cations and experience, please send your application to the address below not later than 4.00 p.m., Monday 10th September 2012. Provide a detailed CV demonstrating possession of the job requirements, current position, names and addresses of three referees, copies of professional/Academic documents, email address, and day time telephone
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews
THE HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER,
BAYLOR COLLEGE OF MEDICINE CHILDREN’S FOUNDATION-UGANDA
BLOCK 5 MULAGO HOSIPITAL,
P.O. BOX 72052 CLOCK TOWER, KAMPALA
NOTE: PLEASE INDICATE THE DUTY STATION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
Deadline: 10th Sept 2012