To develop, design arid review collection analysis and risk management processes and tools, and offer guidance and mentorship to Department and field staff in line with Bayport Uganda’s leading policies and procedures.
* To design and ensure implementation of strategies and action plans for recovery of delinquent loans, delinquency tracking tool and transform the required actions into standard policies and procedures in line with Bayport Uganda's policies and procedures
* To develop and implement Collection process, policies and procedures according to Bayport Uganda Strategic Plan,
‘To train, guide and mentor field personnel on credit assessment, loan monitoring and collections activities, and assess performance targets in line with Bayport Uganda's policies and procedures.
* To follow up with Regional debt collectors on monthly collections and evaluate their performance.
* Ensure that all receipts are posted into the MIS on a timely and accurate basis.
* Ensure all loan deals are captured accurately and completely.
* Prepare, submit and present, on a monthly basis a Departmental Performance Report on the Collections efficiencies and actions to further improve performance
* Oversee reporting and analysis of collections data rel¬ative to decision-making based upon mitigating loss, delinquency, bad debt, age of receivables, Business and customer value.
* Maintain high quality as demonstrated by achieving measurable goals.
* Full knowledge of backend system rules and processes and the use of those tools to fully implement the collection strategy and maintain work flow for staff.
* Develop and mentor direct reports.
* Act as liaison between Credit and Collections depart¬ment and other Departments within the company to resolve escalated issues and to enhance cross func¬tional policies and procedures to ensure the best possible service to customers.
*Manage relationships with collection agencies, industry associations among others, to meet all Company goals
Qualified candidates for this position will possess:
*Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Finance, Mathematics, or equivalent, experience 3-5 years management experience of large teams with varying tasks and levels of complexity and experience.
* 3-5 years experience in running a Credit and Collections Department preferably in the Commercial Banking/Financial services environment in Uganda with proven track record and results.
* International Report consolidation and reporting skills.
Desired Professional Qualifications:
Accounting/Finance or Accounting/Finance
* Experience in the Financial Services industry with particular focus on credit recovery and management.
* Accurate, dependable, a team player who is driven by achieving results and delivering Shareholders expectations.
* Above average problem solving and analytical skills.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
* Ability to nurture, grow and develop strong and beneficial business relationships across all levels.
* Ability to travel extensively within Uganda and globally.
* Must be 35 years or older. Apply for this job Suitable applicants should send their applications to the
Bayport Financial Services;
Latest by 16th August 2010.
* Handwritten job application
* Detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of ALL supporting documentation
* Full contacts of 3 referees.