Nature of employment: Contract
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Plan and development and communication of informational programs to maintain favorable public and stakeholder perceptions of the institute
• Gather, package and edit newsletters, reports, journals, technical reports, posters, brochures, internet web pages and other publications for internal and external audiences.
• Coordinate production of advertisements and dissemination of appropriate technologies; prepare quarterly progress and annual reports for the institute.
• Plan and develop informational materials and implement activities designed to improve community and employee understanding and acceptance of the institute's policies, objectives, strategies and services.
• Establish collaborative partnerships with intermediaries and other sector institutions including international organizations,
• Participate in multidisciplinary teams to develop, implement and evaluate strategic management plans, in order to improve performance standards.
Applicants should possess a good Bachelors Degree in Mass Communication with a bias to Development communication and at least three years working experience in a reputable organization. A Master of Science in similar field will be an added advantage.
Tenure of Office: Four years contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
Age: Candidates should not be above 45 years of age
Apply for this job
Interested persons with the above requirements should submit hand-written applications together with a detailed curriculum vitae giving day-time telephone numbers and names and addresses of 3 (three) referees as well as copies of professional certificates and testimonials to the undersigned not later than Monday 20th September, 2010.
Applicants are advised to quote the reference number of the post applied for on the lop left hand corner of the envelope and on the application letter specifying the institute of preference which should be addressed to:
Mbarara Zonal Agricultural Research and Development Institute P, 0. Box 389, MBARARA