REPORT TO: Country Manager, Rwanda
Job Description (Duties):
The successful person will be responsible for managing & expanding efficient distribution channels for the products while ensuring they are available to low-income consumers throughout the country. The position's key focus areas; Business Development, Sales & Marketing, Distribution & Channel Development, Partnership and Operational Management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Creation of partnership with local distributors, businesses, NGOs, micro-finance and other parties, in order to establish wide product distribution throughout Burundi, resulting in high volume sales.
* Evaluating and building up business opportunities.
* Developing and implementing operational plans.
* Implementing and monitoring a scalable and replicable micro-franchised 'business-in-a-box' strategy that sells the client's products to Village Entrepreneurs for subsequent rental and/or sale, together with their partner (micro finance) organizations- realizing ambitious goals in terms of geographic coverage and sales volumes.
* Investigating and creating synergy partnerships with local government, NGOs, CBOs and other organizations.
* Planning in order to cover the Burundi territory adequately as the business develops in each part of the country, by supporting all partners as needed.
* Communicating & networking regularly with market partners, distributors, communication agencies, research agencies in order to ensure the efficient running of daily business.
* Communicating to ensure that media coverage is run as planned, keeping abreast of competitors and assuring effective PR coverage on products as organized by the communication agency.
* Developing relationship, design & implementing projects with micro-finance organizations.
* Controlling distributor pricing as well as in trade and suggesting pricing updates by close monitoring of competitors.
* Stay on top of distributors to recruit the necessary sales and marketing teams to focus on the product range.
* Managing all issues with the distributor to assure smooth running of business procedures and agreements.
* Liaising with Government bodies on legislative ideas, i.e. import duties and tax reductions, network to get support of other institutions such as, World Bank, IFC, competitors and other players in the renewable sector.
* Networking frequently with relief agencies, NGO and MFI to inform of product developments and further the objectives of the organization as a social enterprise.
* Monitoring key financial objectives or targets.
* Monitoring product Profit and Loss accounts.
* Managing the allocated Product Fixed Marketing Expenditure resources.
* Managing local office expenses and accounts, and those of regional office.
* A university degree in a relevant field.
* A minimum of 4 years professional experience in sales force management, direct experience in selling, marketing and building distribution in Burundi.
* A proven track record in sales and marketing specifically to rural consumers is an added advantage.
* Knowledge of and trusted personal contacts in the product distribution sector in the country.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills at all levels. Representative at high levels. Able to inspire trust, professionalism and confidence.
* Thorough understanding of rural and urban low-income consumers and strategies for selling to such customers.
* Good leadership and people management skills that motivate and coordinate a sales and social-marketing team.
* Willingness to frequently travel to all parts of Burundi, including occasionally to remote areas or internationally.
* Responsible and resourceful manager who operates effectively without constant supervision and is energetic, innovative and resourceful self-starter.
* Ability to produce concise and clear strategic and tactical marketing, distribution and sales plans.
* Tenacious work ethic and a sense of urgency in solving problems.
* Naturally inquisitive and creative with a desire to continuously improve current business practices/processes and is able to think and act innovatively.
* Fluent in verbal and written communication in French, Kirundi and English.
How to Apply:
If interested, please submit in person a typed up-to-date CV and application letter with copies of your academic papers.
General Manager NFT Consult - Rwanda, Plot 8721, Golf Course Road, Nyarutarama, Kigali, Rwanda.
Tel: +250 252570099, +250 0755335419, +250 0785119453.
NFT Consult – Uganda,Kisozi Complex, Plot 6/8 Kyaggwe Road, Nakasero
Tel: +256 0414237904 / 24, 0312266904
If applying online, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Ensure you indicate the Job Title i.e. 'Traditional and Alternative Trade Manager' in your subject line)
Attach your CV and application letter ONLY; please merge them into ONE file in MS word or PDF format.
DO NOT attach scanned academic papers or documents when applying online.