Job Title: Engineer (01 position)
Duty Station; Kampala, with frequent travel to the regions
Support the Country Office programmes by providing technical guidelines, advice and coordination related to all infrastructural projects undertaken by Save the Children, ensuring that construction projects are carried out in line with Save the Children policies, procedures and guidelines as well as the standard guidelines and specifications provided by the Ministry of Education and Sport in Uganda for construction of school facilities.
The Engineer may be called upon as and when necessary to support the emergency team in cases of humanitarian crisis.
Academic back ground, Experience & Person Specifications;
• Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or Architecture with a Post graduate training in construction management or equivalent filed.
• Minimum 3 years working experience in similar position preferably with an international NGO. Good understanding and experience with supervision, monitoring and verification of construction site management, including security and networking
• Thorough understanding of child rights issues, national poverty alleviation strategies as well as current national and international trends in to global poverty and development.
• Strong financial, planning and budget management skills and experience.
• Willingness to travel and work in hard-toreach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
• A high degree of flexibility and willingness to identify solutions.
• Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
• Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
• Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
• Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
• Excellent time management and planning capacity
How to Apply:
Application letters with detailed CVs indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been direct supervisors should be submitted to:
The Director of Human Resources &
Save the Children
Plot 68/70, Kira Road
P.O. Box 12018, Kampala
Or on email:
Important to note:
• Testimonials/certificates should not be attached to applications that are submitted online.
• The closing date for receiving applications is 31st December 2012. Candidates are therefore encouraged to apply at the earliest opportunity.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 31st December 2012