Position Description and Required Competencies
The Chief of Party (COP) should have leadership qualities; technical expertise in designing M&E systems, database management, data quality assurance, and conducting evaluations; experience in managing health/HIV?AIDS project and team leadership skills, communication and interpersonal skills to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the project.
Required Experience and Academic Qualifications:
The proposed candidate must have:-
- At least a Masters Degree in public health, Business Administration, Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics or a related field
- At least ten years experience working in development programs with public health objectives:
- At least seven seven years previous management experience in implementing public health programs in developing countries, preferably with similar projects.
- Experience in procurement oversight and budget management.
- Provide overall project vision and leadership; take responsibility for overall project management and success.
- Provide quality assurance for all project activities and and deliverable s
- Oversee the management of project financial resources and equipment. This includes making approvals for project payments and procurements.
- Ensure project compliance with all contractual requirements and adherence to CSF MEA policies and procedures.
- Assume any duties assigned by the supervisor
The Chief of Party reports to the Home Office Project Management Unit director in Washington DC
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their electronic application in MS word or PDf file with a CV, 3 referees and a brief cover letter explaining why they are suitable for the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org. excellent past performance references are mandatory and contacts should be provided.
Deadline: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 at 5:00pm.