U.S. Mission, Uganda
Number: 101-2010 Date: 10/04/2010
OPEN TO: All Qualified Host Country Candidates
OPENING AND CLOSING DATES: October 4-15, 2010
POSITION TITLE: Voucher Examiners
POSITION LOCATION: USAID, FMO OFFICE
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
POSITION GRADE: FSN-8 (Ugshs.35,778,240 to 51,509,351 p.a. inclusive of allowances).
USAID/Uganda is seeking two (2) qualified Ugandans for the positions of Voucher Examiner.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Serves as a “recognized expert” in the voucher examining process and is responsible for auditing, and processing for payment, the full range of invoices generated by the Mission’s development portfolio and operations. Invoices presented for processing include those for the most difficult and complex activities financed under multi-year acquisition and assistance instruments. The Voucher Examiners also process a variety of lump-sum/fixed price contract claims and other reimbursement claims.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Education Required: Completion of a college degree is required.
2. Work Experience: From three to five years experience of progressively greater responsibility in voucher examination, accounting and related fiscal work is required.
3. Language Requirement: Must be fluent in English.
4. Knowledge: A thorough knowledge is required of financial management and accounting systems.
5. Skills and Abilities: This position requires strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Computer skills are a must. Applicant must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively, and to clearly articulate the rationale for decisions made impacting the disbursement of payments.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should include the following documentation
(i) Application letter clearly specifying the position for which you are applying;
(ii) A Curriculum Vitae/Resume;
(iii) Copies of Academic Transcripts;
(iv) Names, contact numbers, and addresses of three (3) professional references.
Submitted applications and documents become the property of the Embassy and will not be returned.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
1. By mail:
Human Resources Office
Plot 1577 Ggaba Road
P. O. Box 7007, Kampala
2. By Fax:
0414-341-863 - ATTENTION: HR
3. Or by e-mail: