REPORT TO: Operations Manager
Job Description (Duties):
Responsible for the efficient and effective administration of the Records and information management function in line with the laid down guidelines to meet the business needs.
* Oversee the Bank's management of electronic and paper based information including championing the clean desk policy across the organization.
* Manage the accuracy of records at the registry by establishing control checks.
* Manage the changeover from paper to electronic records management system.
* Devise and ensure the implementation of retention and disposal schedules by reviewing active and inactive records before destruction in line with the regulatory requirement.
* Conduct inventory to determine the volume , storage locations, conditions and types of records kept by the Bank.
* Develop a records storage plan, which includes the short and long-term housing of physical records and electronic information.
* Conduct regular inspections of all records storage areas to ensure that proper access controls are in place.
* Provide training to records officers / assistants with a view to demonstrate the basic of records management of records & promote efficient records.
* Act as the primary focal point for records, document management and archiving as well as providing guidance to other departments on the management of records and information.
* Monitor essential service delivery within the unit by reviewing service reports to detect service failures and ensure that corrective action is taken within agreed timelines.
* Set performance targets to staff and monitor performance against these.
* A Bachelor's degree in either Records management or Library and Information Science.
* At least 3 years working experience in records and office management or Library and information science.
* Good understanding of Bank procedures, policies and regulatory requirements would be an added advantage.
* Ability to understand and apply file titling, numbering, registration and tracking procedures.
* Ability to communicate with staff at all levels of the organization in order to provide an inquiry and retrieval service for the records.
* Thorough understanding of records management principles in order to advise the organization on policy and procedures.
* Ability to supervise, train staff, prioritizes work plans and scheduling of work assignments.
* Proactive approach to work with a high level of maturity and self-drive.
* High level of integrity and ethical standards.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
How to Apply:
If interested, please submit in person a typed up-to-date CV and application letter with copies of your academic papers.
NFT Consult – Uganda,Kisozi Complex, Plot 6/8 Kyaggwe Road, Nakasero
Tel: +256 0414237904 / 24, 0312266904
NFT Consult - Rwanda, Plot 8721, Golf Course Road, Nyarutarama, Kigali, Rwanda.
Tel: +250 252570099, +250 0755335419, +250 0785119453.
If applying online, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attach your CV and application letter ONLY; please merge them into ONE file in MS word or PDF format.
DO NOT attach scanned academic papers or documents when applying online.