Reports to: Manager Technical Services
Supervises: ICT Officer
Duty station: Kampala
Role of the Position
To provide strategic and operational leadership in technology innovation and establish information management as a critical success Factor in all UEDCL business Processes.
Key Result Areas
1. Establish and maintain strategic information Management and business plan that is aligned with the strategy and goals of UEDCL
2. Evaluate the information systems and related business processes continuously and launch Interventions to optimize efficiencies.
3. Implement new systems introduce innovations that improve information management strategy within the organization. This will include digitization, knowledge management as well as advocating tor the paperless office.
4. Facilitate organizational change through the implementation of information management methodology.
5. Engage with key stakeholders, both internal and external, to ensure partnership and industry alignment and ensuring that internal clients get value from available technology.
6. Provide support to staff and service providers, structuring optimum service levels to all Off grid stations
7. Perform limited testing (Research and Development) on new products, methodologies and specifically internet related developments, Keep abreast with changes in IM and development trends in the market place
3. Prepare monthly and annual reports on departmental activities in accordance with the UEDGL Policies and Procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• A Bachelors degree in Computer science, Degree in information technology or its equivalent from a recognized university-
• Experience of not less than 4 years in a recognized organization
• Certification in CCNA, MCSE and MDA will be an added advantage
• Experience in managing servers on windows, UNIX and Linux platforms
• Experience in setting up and maintaining LAN, WAN etc
• Excellent analytical and monitoring skills.
Apply for this jobInterested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their handwritten applications together with an updated CV with at least three suitable referees with their telephone contact to:
The Principal Human Resource and Administrative Officer
Amber House, Plot 29/33,4th Floor. Room 414, Block C
P.O. Box 7390 Kampala, Uganda
Fax: +256 414-255 600
(Please indicate on envelope the position you are applying for) Closing data for receiving applications is: 23rd December, 2010