Job Title: Visa Clerk
U .S. Mission Uganda is inviting suitable qualified applicants for the vacant post above.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
• Education required: Completion of secondary School ( both O and A levels ) is required. Completion of a Diploma in social sciences , public administration and management , secretarial, development studies , law and education, human resources management , project planning languages or business administration is required.
• Work Experience required: Two years of experience working an Office environment ,consular area and/or public service environment is required.
• Knowledge required: Understanding of local immigration policies and procedures is required.
• Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest ,budget, and visa status in determining successful candidacy.
• Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
How to apply
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application.
• Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174).
• A current resume or curriculum vitae.
• Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional US Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for conditional preference in hiring with their application.
Submit applications to ;
Human Resources Office , by email at KampalaHR@state.gov.
Deadline: 19 /04/ 2013