General Summary :
The medical officer will be accountable for coordination and quality assurance of all activities regarding maternal Neonatal Health MNH services in the district being implemented in collaboration with the midwife mentor team.
Education and Experience :
• Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery
• Completion of Internship with demonstrated proficiency in common obstetric skills and competencies .
• Registration with the Uganda Medical and Dental Practioners Council
• Training in emergency Obstetric Care EMOC preferred
Knowledge , Skills and Abilities :
• Excellent Organizational skills and flexibility.
• Ability to communicate well with patients , their care givers and other stakeholders .
• Ability to mentor various cadre of staff working within MCH/RH areas
• Understands community dynamics and can effectively collaborate and network with community initiatives
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate efforts in planning and budgeting for project clinical team activities
• Work with the project midwife mentors to mentor health facility teams in offering quality MCH services in accordance with MoH policies and procedures .
• Coordinate efforts to ensure provision of emergency Obstetric care services including Caesarean sections operations in the HFs
• Participate in Quality assurance and quality control MNH processes
How to apply:
Qualified and interested persons who wish to apply may hand deliver ,email or post an application letter with a detailed CV,naming at least two professional referees to: Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute
P. O. Box 22418, Kampala.
NB: The infectious diseases institute does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application , interview meeting, processing) and does not recruit through agents.
Deadline: 28th September 2012