Job Title: Education Specialist, Youth Empowerment and Development Initiative
Division: Education Programs Division
Reports To: Chief of Party
IREX is currently seeking an Education Specialist for a Youth Empowerment and Development Initiative in Uganda. The program aims to address exploitative child labor among youth (15-18) by helping them to develop marketable skills to secure employment, and by supporting their engagement as leaders in their local communities.
This position is contingent on funding.
Eligibility: Ugandan citizens are encouraged to apply
Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist the COP in overseeing all components of the program and day-to-day operations of the program
• Provide technical expertise in Uganda’s education sector
• Assist the COP in monitoring, evaluation and reporting functions
• Develop and maintain effective collaborations with program partners and key stakeholders
• Assist in financial and administrative functions, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of program activities, and management of program staff
• Represent IREX and support its organizational development
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in a leadership position responsible for developing education interventions and the technical aspects related to the Applicant’s proposed strategy, including student assessment, teacher training, educational materials/curriculum development, educational management, and educational monitoring and information systems, as applicable.
• Experience in managing projects to address issues related to primary and secondary education.
• Understanding of special educational needs of children removed from child labor when they enter/return to school or are provided with alternative education services.
• Experience working with vulnerable children and their households, preferably in Kenya and/or Uganda.
• Experience working successfully with Ministries of Education and other government agencies, networks of educators, employers' organizations, and trade unions or comparable entities.
• Outstanding English communication skills, both written and oral
How to Apply:
Closing Date; 16/08/2013