U.S. Mission, Uganda
Number: 105-2010 Date: 10/11/2010
OPEN TO: All Qualified Host Country Candidates
OPENING AND CLOSING DATES: October 11-22, 2010
POSITION TITLE: Project Management Specialist/Youth and Children
POSITION LOCATION: USAID, Investing In People (SO8) OFFICE
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
POSITION GRADE: FSN-11 (Ugshs.67,623,871 to 97,517,009 p.a. inclusive of allowances).
USAID/Uganda is recruiting a qualified Ugandan to fill the position of Project Management Specialist/Youth and Children.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
Responsible for developing and advising senior-level Agency Administrators including the USAID Mission Director and the U.S. Ambassador on policies and programs for youth and children in Uganda, including innovations and new strategic directions. He/she is also responsible for management and coordination of U.S. Government interagency and intersectoral youth and children development activities. He/she will have comprehensive knowledge and experience in effectively addressing the needs of highly vulnerable children (0-18 years) including safety, wellbeing, growth and development and developing sustainable programmatic interventions that will improve the health, livelihoods, educational opportunities, and access to civic and democratic processes for youth (12-30) in Uganda.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Education Required: Masters Degree in the social sectors such as health, education, social welfare or development studies is required.
2. Work Experience: At least seven years experience in development assistance with donor agencies, host government organizations or civil society/private sector organizations in the field of youth and child development.
3. Language Requirement: Must be fluent in English.
4. Knowledge: Knowledge of theories, concepts, principles, practices and current research in the development, implementation and management of vulnerable children and their households, including social protection and welfare.
5. Skills and Abilities: This position requires strong leadership and interpersonal skills in order to manage and coordinate multi-agency, multi-sectoral activities. Excellent writing and computer skills are a must. Excellent organizational skills are required in order to multi-task and stay organized in a complex, frequently changing environment. Demonstrated advanced analytical skills and problem solving, as well as the ability to effectively manage stress and conflict, are required.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should include the following documentation
(i) Application letter clearly specifying the position for which you are applying;
(ii) A Curriculum Vitae/Resume;
(iii) Copies of Academic Transcripts;
(iv) Names, contact numbers, and addresses of three (3) professional references.
Submitted applications and documents become the property of the Embassy and will not be returned.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
1. By mail:
Human Resources Office
Plot 1577 Ggaba Road
P. O. Box 7007, Kampala
2. By Fax:
0414-341-863 - ATTENTION: HR
3. Or by e-mail:
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: October 22, 2010
SO8TL: Elise Ayers
EXO: Edward Michalski
HRO: Stephanie Arnold