Job Title: Financial Analyst (Capacity Building)
U.S. Mission, Uganda
OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
OPENING AND CLOSING DATES:December 31, 2012 to January 14, 2013
POSITION TITLE: Financial Analyst (Capacity Building)
POSITION LOCATION:USAID, OFM OFFICE
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
POSITION GRADE: FSN-11 (Ugshs. 72,127,325 to 104,083,095 p.a. inclusive of allowances).
USAID/Uganda is recruiting a qualified candidate to fill the position of Financial Analyst (Capacity Building).
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
Responsible for the full range of Financial Analyst services in support of Technical and other Offices and Development Objective (DO) Teams in USAID/Uganda. In addition, the Financial Analyst is fully responsible for providing outreach to the host government, local government units (LGUs), local for-profit entities and local Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) to increase their capacity to apply for, accept, and properly manage USAID funds.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Education: A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration. Attainment of a post-graduate degree or Certified Public Accountant (CPA or chartered Accountant (CA) membership is desirable.
2. Work Experience: A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in professional accounting, auditing, or financially-oriented business management.
3. Language Requirement: Must be fluent in English language.
4. Knowledge: Demonstrated thorough knowledge and understanding of professional accounting principles, theories, practices, and terminology, as well as the principles and accepted practices of government and business financial accounting, budgeting, and reporting. This should include familiarity with rules and best practices governing project design, development, implementation and evaluation, especially as it relates to capacity building.
5. Skills and Abilities: Must be able to conceptualize, plan, and manage multi-level activities; have excellent analytical ability to gather, organize, analyze, and express technical ideas and data, both orally and in writing; have ability to work in a team environment and to create and maintain professional relationships with all partners. Strong interpersonal skills, and skill in the use of computer-based analytical programs. Ability to create and deliver effective training, especially in institutional strengthening areas.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should include the following documentation
(i) (i) A completed and signed Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174) – http://kampala.usembassy.gov/job_opportunites.html
(ii) Application letter clearly specifying the position for which you are applying;
(iii) A Curriculum Vitae/Resume;
(iv) Copies of Academic Transcripts;
(v) Names, contact numbers, and addresses of three (3) professional references.
Submitted applications and documents become the property of the Embassy and will not be returned.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office
By e-mail at KampalaHR@state.gov
ONLY ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AND ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please use standard file types such as Microsoft Word (.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and please all documents in one attachment.
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: January 14, 2013