Job Title: Accountant
THETA is a registered Ugandan non-governmental organization dedicated to improving the health of Ugandans by promoting collaboration between the Traditional and Biomedical health Systems. THETA has been operational for the past 20 years in collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Uganda AIDS Commission, universities and several civil society organizations. THETA has programs in over 13 districts of Uganda where it has been able to test and demonstrate the validity of its approach. THETA is an equal opportunities organization and is seeking for a qualified, self motivated and competent individual to fill the position of;
REPORTS TO Finance and Administration Manager (FAM)
RESPONSIBLE FOR Accounts Assistant
Skills and competencies
• Minimum of 4 years working experience in a busy organisation, preferably CDC or USAID Donor funded organisation.
• Good accounting knowledge.
• A person with integrity and strong interpersonal skills.
• Experience with Federal funds will be added advantage
• Ensure compliance with all financial systems established by THETA (as stated in the financial policies and procedures manual / Accounting Manual).
• Assist FAM to develop, and maintains the THETA financial policies and procedures.
• Produce monthly and annual management accounts in time to facilitate management decision.
• Monitor income realisations against set targets and ensure that manageable funding gaps within available resources are bridged.
• Prepare financial statements for external audit exercise.
• Identify areas of weaknesses in the financial systems, and contribute to development of Terms of Reference for internal audit investigations
• Ensure proper preparation of Books of Accounts in compliance with THETA’s financial guidelines.
• Ensure timely production of financial reports in compliance with the donor reporting requirements.
B.com accounting option or BBA – accounting option Part or fully qualified accountant, not less than CPA, ACCA level 2
Strong Interpersonal skills
Minimum of 4 years working experience in related duties
Other skills: Must be computer literate and highly proficient with the use of accounting packages especially Pastel. One will be tested on this. Interested candidates should send their curriculum Vitae (CV), a cover letter with copies of academic certificates, indicating 3 referees, one of which should be the latest or current employer with their address and full time telephone contacts to;
The Administration Officer
How to Apply:
THETA Uganda .Plot 724/5 Mawanda Road – Kamwokya P.O. Box 21175, Kampala OR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Not more than 10MB)
Closing date of receipt of application is Friday 9th August 2013 at 5: 00 pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted .