Job Title:Sales Manager
The role holder will be required to manage, control and develop the overall Sales strategies/activities in Air freight & Ocean Freight in accordance with the group business strategy and local business environment to deliver maximum profit and revenue growth.
Directly Reports to
Gives direction to
• Actively and effectively lead all sales related initiatives aimed at developing business, volumes and increase revenue
• To identify and solicit for new clients and business opportunities with the principle aim of increasing the company’s market share, revenue and profit.
• Focus on selling Airfreight & Ocean product/overland as primary responsibility with a view to expanding DGF market share and boosting volume and revenue growth
• Develop Marketing strategies for specific vertical(s) along with Key Account Managers
• Identify and develop potential, sustainable customer relationships
• Supervise the activities of the sales department
• Lead and manage the sales department
• Interact regularly with the local management teams and develop close and cooperative relationships, to ensure the customer’s expectations are met.
Required Knowledge /Skills /Experience
• Mature individual with not less than 7 years relevant marketing and sales experience in logistics and freight forwarding industry
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in management position
• University Degree
• Excellent Presentation skills
• Excellent Communication skills, spoken and written
• Strong Ocean and Airfreight knowledge
• Experienced with Market Intelligence
Customer Orientation, Business Acumen, Cross-Border Thinking, Commitment to Excel, Building & Managing Relationships, Taking Direction & Responsibility, Constructive Challenge
How to Apply:
Applications must reach the address below on or before April 5th, 2013 or sent by email to:
The Human Resource Manager
DHL Global Forwarding
Ntinda Industrial Area, Kyambogo Off Jinja Road
P.O. Box 72085, Kampala.